Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Oh Elijah


Me: "Elijah, how many eyes do you have?"
Elijah: "Blue."
*****
Me: "When is your birthday?"
Elijah: "January."
Me: "January what?"
Elijah: "Kitsteiner."
*****
Me: "How many fingers do you have?'
Elijah: Begins counting and says, "Eight."
Me: "No, you have 10."
Elijah: Looks at his hands and says, "But those two are fumbs."
*****
Me: Reading him a book about what people are good at. Some kids are good at sports, others school, others computers or helping their parents. "Elijah, what are you good at?"
Elijah: "Eating."
(It wouldn't be so funny if it weren't so true.)
*****
Me: "Veronica is my Veronica."
Elijah: "No, she's my Veronica."
Me: "No, my Veronica."
Elijah: "We can share her."
*****
We passed a man in the BX in Germany who did, I must admit, bear a great resemblance to Ol' St. Nick. As we passed him, Elijah grabbed my cheeks and turned my head and said, "I thought that was Santa Claus!"
*****
And we can't leave Isaac out:
Isaac: "When Abigail gets bigger, we are going to hit her with snowballs."
*****
And one more Isaacism:
Me: "Isaac it is time to come inside."
Isaac: "Hold on a second, Mommy."
Me: "Isaac, you need to obey Mommy right away."
Isaac: "Well, okay Mommy. I will come at once."

No comments: