Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I LOVE Hatice

Today is Tuesday. Tuesday is my new favorite day. Tuesday is the day that our housekeeper Hatice comes to clean our house. She is amazing. She just takes over. She does the entire house. She does my laundry. And, she informed me today that she would be cooking a meal every other week for us. (She said that because our house is so much bigger than the ones she usually cleans, she would slack a little every other week and do some cooking as well.)

I took the boys out this morning for Tuesday morning playgroup. Some of the moms "rent out" the youth center's gym from 9:30-11:00 so that anyone with toddler age children can come and play. Then at 11:00 I went and worked out while the kids played in the glassed in area. After that we stopped at the post office before meeting JB for lunch in the "food court." By the time I got home, the house was completely smelling like clean from top to bottom.

Hatice is amazing!

After she left I figured it was a good time to take some pictures of our new rugs. The rooms aren't completely put together, but I think you can at least see the potential in these photos now.

Our foyer

Playroom. This is in our kitchen area. We are going to mainly eat at the counter. There is a small TV in the cabinet against the wall.

The laundry room. I'm pretty impressed with the curtain I rigged up. This allows us to hide all of our "baby items" that we brought with us. Swing, carseats, old clothes, etc.

Our bedroom. We decided to do runners in here since our bed would take up most of a carpet.

Another shot of our bedroom.

The hallway leading to our bathroom in our bedroom. My closet is on the left. JB's is on the right. We also have a double sink in the bathroom. This is a first for us. We have, in twelve years of marriage, never shared a bathroom. JB always takes up the guest bathroom. Here goes nothing!

The hallway upstairs.

This is the room next to our room which will eventually be an office. It's the last on our priority list.

Here's the guest room. This rug is completely different than the others. But it was a wool one on sale for 50% off! Love a good deal.
And the best news of all? My friend Sarah has arrived in town. Since like, every friend I have here is named Sarah, I have decided to call my friends that have this name by their son's name (since I don't like to use last names no the blog.) So Sarah A. will be William's Sarah. That's the best way I can think to do it.
William's Sarah and I connected online through my online friend Amy. She and Amy attended the same MOPs group. William's Sarah and I have been emailing and chatting for many months now and finally got to meet for dinner this evening. I can already tell that I have found a kindred spirit in her. I am so excited to have her with us now!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Tuesday is my happy day too! It's they day my angels Margo and Peter come to clean. There is something so wonderful about coming home to a completely clean house! It just lifts the spirits. So glad you have someone to help you out.

Ryan and Sarah said...

I met a pretty cool chick tonight too :) We had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see another married couple that doesn't share a bathroom! (well, until now I guess, hehe) I use our guest bathroom because I think I would kill my DH if we had to share one :) I get to use my girly shower curtains, soaps, etc... and he can use nothing! Good luck sharing one... let us know how that goes!

mom h said...

It looks awesome Wendi! I am so happy you get some house help. What a treat! You deserve it!

Brittny said...

looks great! tell william's sarah that christopher and sophie's brittny (and brandon) said hello! we had frames for everyone to sign at our wedding and they are hanging over our bed. i looked up at it the other night and the first one i saw was william's sarah. although at the time she was just ryan's sarah. : )

Brittny said...

oh, and we don't share a bathroom either. ours had too many roaches and looks like someone has been smoking in there for about 55 years. so i share with the kids. it's bigger and whiter. brandon doesn't get it.

Amy T. S. said...

Yippee!