Monday, August 23, 2010

Belly Ache for Isaac

JB has struggled with his stomach here. I haven't really had too many issues. It's difficult to know if the boys have. Until last night that is.

After church, the boys were playing in the driveway with our neighbor kids when Isaac came up and told me he wanted to go "night night." Isaac never does this so I immediately assumed something wasn't quite right. I changed him, gave him something to drink, and put him to bed, only to return two more times to clean up the "upsetting" of his stomach.

Not a very fun activity -- cleaning up "upsetness." He ended up sleeping in a pack-n-play in our room and after the second 'bout around 10:30pm, slept through the night. An early nap is in order I think.

GI issues are pretty common here as our bodies are meeting all sorts of new "stuff" that we have never met before. John wants to avoid taking an antibiotic and let his stomach create a new level of "protection." We'll see how well that goes. So far, Isaac's illness is the worst of the four of us.

If you could think to add to your prayer list an absence of stomach GI issues over the next few years, that'd be great!

1 comment:

Brittny said...

poor little isaac!!! and poor wendi too. i think my stomach would just jump ship. it doesn't like strange things coming in. i lived off of immodium and tums for almost 3 years in college and that was eating normal stuff. i can literally see my belly opening up, my stomach jumping out and running away screaming. that would be me in a foreign country. yup. fun times. i'll pray for you guys!