Thursday, August 19, 2010

A few little snips of our life

  • The new shoes I bought while at Becky's seem to be helping my feet heal. The stress fractures aren't giving me any issues so I am hopeful that the time off has healed them. I am returning to the world of exercise very slowly. I am running very short distances one time a week. I swam this morning at the pool. JB not having to go in until 8:30 on most days allows me that luxury -- until it gets cold that is. I am also going to the gym on occasion. Really hopeful that sometime next year I can do another sprint triathlon.
  • Our UB comes tomorrow! Tomorrow we'll have all the "important" stuff like our microwave, our toaster, JB's food processor, and the rest of our clothes! Also our iron. We could use that.
  • We love our "new" water table. We bought it from Della and family before we left Base. Although Elijah really wants it to be a pool. I caught him sitting in it yesterday!
  • I am realizing that one of my biggest struggles here is going to be keeping the boys occupied. There is preschool playgroup at the youth center on Tuesdays. There is a "Story Time" at the library on Fridays. But the other days, if the weather isn't good enough (too hot, cold, or rainy) to be outside, you are sort of out of luck. There are no fast food joints here with indoor play lands. No museums or zoos that I could take them to by myself. I do not plan to leave Base with both boys by myself, ummm, ever. So we have what is on Base. Today we went to the pool just the three of us. Then we ran some errands, stopping at the post office, the library, the Commissary, and the BX -- all in our BOB stroller. Thank goodness, once again, for those ring pops. Man they keep the boys happy!
  • I love Skype!!! Thank the Lord for Skype. How different this would be living here before Skype!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is a water table?
Tante Jan

Jessie said...

Wendi, if you want, I'll mail you a copy of The Toddler Busy Book. It has 365 ideas of activities to do with 18 month-36month olds. It has saved me many a time when I didn't know what to do to entertain my toddlers. Just an idea to help on those days where you are at a loss. You can e-mail me at randjmills@myfairpoint.net
Jessie

Gabbs said...

Does it actually get rainy there ever?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tante Jan, I will take a picture of them playing in it sooN!

Jessie, I emailed yoU! Would love it!

And Gabbi, I am not sure. LOL. I've been told it does during the winter. (like South Florida)