Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weigh in

We have an appointment for Elijah this afternoon to see if he is gaining better weight. Please pray that everything looks great when we go in today. I will post as soon as we know. John thinks we are going to get a good report. We both think his cheeks definitely look chubbier!

As for me, I am honestly in completely heaven right now. I am cleaning my house with only baby Elijah here. And he is sleeping soundly in his swing. JB and Isaac went to run some errands and pick up Scrubs from the doggy daycare. I am walking from room to room without shutting doors to keep Isaac and Scrubs out. I am throwing laundry anywhere I want. It is awesome!

However, to be quite honest, both JB and I admitted that it felt very strange to be at home last night without Scrubs here to drive us crazy and rub his wet nose on our legs! He definitely is a part of our family and we do have to admit we miss him.

2 comments:

The Mac's House said...

Whenever my dogs are at the kennel prior to picking them up or leaving for a trip without them it is an odd almost eerie silence.

I miss them all and know that there will come I day where I have to face life without them.

When I was breastfeeding back in the day they told us to get a scale to weigh the baby at home at least once a week to make sure that production and kiddo were getting enough. I think it was more to keep our own mind at ease than anything else, it worked out great to chart their progress. We did that with our granddaughter and what a relief it has been to see her progress when she was being breast fed.

Becky said...

Praying for a good report today. From the recent pictures of Elijah you have posted, my guess is that things will be looking good.