Wednesday, April 08, 2009

First shots

Yesterday, Elijah got his first shots. He did a really good job. His face turned very red, he screamed very loudly, but he quickly quieted down and was in a good mood the rest of the day. I left Isaac with JB in the residency room for about ten minutes so we could get the shots. He said Isaac did a great job helping him answer t-cons (messages from patients). You are not allowed to bring a stroller into the room where they give the shots which meant I couldn't bring in both boys. I tried to think of a way I could manage both boys, but without a stroller, I couldn't come up with a way to hold both boys.

I wandered back to July of last year when little Isaac had his first shots. The shot lady thought Elijah had very skinny legs. They are skinny, but I don't know if they are that much skinnier than his big brother's Check it out:

Elijah at two months. I think he weighs about 11 pounds here.

Isaac at two months. Our little chubba-chubba. I think he weighed about 14 pounds here.

After his shots, I snagged a few other photos since he was in a surprisingly good post-shot mood:

Okay so this one doesn't show the smiles . . .

But this one does . . .

3 comments:

AW said...

I love that you call him chubba-chubba. So cute! Don't you wish it were so cute on us??? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I've got a total chubba chubba on my hands, she is 11 lbs and only 5 weeks old. I think Elijah looks like John when he smiles and like your dad when he cries. Love you Wen.

AD

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Oh Yes...looking like John and his mother! :)