Thursday, April 09, 2009

Popsicles

I've decided that I don't like popsicles very much.

JB bought a box when Isaac was sick -- an attempt at fluids since he was rejecting the bottle and any form of juice or pedialite.

Isaac thought the popsicles were okay but didn't really bond with them.

So we have this whole box of popsicles in the freezer -- you know the grape, orange, and cherry kind? Last night, after dinner, during American Idol, I decided to have a popsicle. There's a whole box of them. Isaac doesn't want them. JB doesn't want them. I think the Tara/Lesley side of me kicked into gear. These things can't go to waste!

Or maybe they can.

I don't really remember the last time I had a popsicle, but I wasn't that impressed. They were very cold -- too cold to really suck and too cold to really bite. They didn't have that much flavor. And I didn't like the taste of the stick that I would get when I got to the bottom of the popsicle.

I am sure there are better popsicles out there. Maybe I am just not eating the right ones. Either way I think my old adage still rings true: if it doesn't have chocolate, it really isn't dessert. So unless it's a chocolate popsicle, I'll pass.

It's going to either go to waste in the garbage can or in my hips. So I'll let the garbage can swallow these calories!

7 comments:

Erica said...

Now, some people may not be able to relate to this post, but I have to say that this hit home for me. I am right there with ya!!! When I got the flu back in February, Chris bought some. I strictly told him that if he were to buy them, definitely don't get grape, cherry, orange because I loathe them. So he did good by getting some lime, blue rasberry, lemonade, etc. I ate some of them just because it felt good on my sore throat, but since I have gotten better, they have just sat there. And I agree - it's not dessert unless it is chocolate. I would rather have a Snickers ice cream bar any day. Oh how I love those. :)

Anonymous said...

I prefer mr. freezies over popsicles. They aren't as messy. I love your blog. I read it every day.

Jennifer said...

I agree, popsicles are really not that great!

TAV said...

Too bad I'm not staying with you.
Not only would I not let them go to waste, but I love popsicles!!!

Jess said...

I know there's a lot of naysayers here, but I think you're eating the wrong kind.

I don't know what type it is, but maybe welches?....anyway, we get them for when someone is sick and can't really eat or drink and they're delicious! Plus cold helps me with nausea!

Maybe not for a snack every day, though! And I'm not a chocolate person anyway (I KNOW, GASP!). :)

Joia said...

Man, I wish I was around when this happened, I would have driven over and taken them off your hands - I love popsicles! =)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I hate ANYTHING artifically flavored grape. Popsicles are not my favorite...I am with you a good fudge-sicle sounds GREAT!!!
My son LOVES popsicles, though!