Friday, April 10, 2009

Day at the beach

On Thursday, I ventured down to the beach with both boys to meet up with my Aunt Allyson, her sister Glenda, my cousin Katie, and her friend Amanda. It was the first time Isaac had really been to the beach to actually play. We've taken guests and taken him when he was a tiny baby, but this is the first time that the weather has been beach-worthy since he has been able to actually joy the surf and sand.

I only wish JB could have been there to enjoy his little man's first day at the beach. It was incredibly fun watching him explore this new place. Glenda and Allyson took a lot more photos than I did, and they have promised to send them when they get back home. So I'll have more to show in a few days!


Allyson's sister Glenda holding Elijah

Mom with her makeshift beach toys. Isaac was just as happy with these tupperware cups as he could have been with a pail and shovel.


Allyson watching Isaac play. He was a little spooke by her floppy hat.
He got very attached to this particular rock.

This little girl wanted to meet "the baby". Isaac loves big kids and he thought she was great.

JB said that when a child stands up and begins walking without holding onto anything, they are officially a "walker". Well, here's proof that Isaac is doing just that.

Walking along the shoreline.
Trying to touch the water

The water was chilly, but he really liked it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he really had a good time:)Summer should be fun at the Kit's house!

Lisa Cronk said...

Very cute! Austin still hasn't been to a beach and he's 2 and half...but that's what we get for living in Minnesota!

AW said...

This reminds me of JK when we went to the beach last summer. It was so much fun to watch him experience the water and sand for the first time. Hopefully we can go back again this summer, but with a tiny tot AND and a newborn we aren't so sure we're up for it. LOL!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Awh FUN!
I love the pic of him getting up to walk! :)

On my way home from my retreat today I thought "maybe we should go to the beach" but when I got home my 2 were in the pool!

BRRR...still not swimming weather to me but they sure had fun and looks like y'all did too! :)