Saturday, April 04, 2009

Jonathon's Birthday

Yesterday was Jonathon's birthday party at Cherokee Park. I looovveee this park! It is shaded and safe and pets are welcome! We plan to come back with both boys and the doggie at some point. Here are some photos from our afternoon.

I really like this picture of JB. This is the first time we tried the Baby Bjorn. It's hard to see more than Elijah's little skinny legs and arms. He seemed to like the Bjorn okay which is good news for me. This is a way that I can take both boys out on my own. I think I am finally healed enough from my surgery to carry him around but JB wanted first dibs.

Here is JB attempting to hold both boys for awhile. No surprise that Isaac was only interested in Daddy holding him. Mommy just isn't as great.

JB (with Isaac) and Matt (with William)



Trying to get used to this whole idea of shoes!



There was this awesome play mat by the swings that Isaac could play on without getting filthy!



After the birthday party, I got a nap, JB ran some errands, and we both did a lot of work around the house before dropping Isaac off with Paige and Brooke and heading to dinner at Tradewinds. Elijah, unfortunately, didn't make it through dinner without needing to eat so we stayed a bit longer so I could feed him and had dessert! It was wonderful to get out for a nice meal just the two of us.

My Aunt Allyson and cousin Katie as well as a friend of Katie's and Allyson's sister are vacationing in Destin this week. We are hoping to get together with them this evening! We love seeing family!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww love you two (four!)...nice pics --mom's a given -dad is the mystery who goes away alot -but the love is the same! those boys love their mom! i know you know but it's nice to have someone say it too! :)

Joia said...

I love how you said "It was wonderful to get out for a nice meal with just the two of us", immediately after saying you had to feed Elijah! Funny how dates suddenly Do feel like just the two of you, even with an infant along! =)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Joia, awww man, that's right! Ain't that the truth?!