Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ponderings

Question: Why do they make the little scooper in formula the same color as the formula? Why yellow? Why not blue or red and black? Why not a color that stands out more at 5:30 in the morning at 10 o'clock at night? Who markets these products?

Another ponderance. Peanut Butter. These tall jars of peanut butter are a mistake if you ask me. It makes you not want to scrape the bottom of the jar in frustration of your whole hand being covered in peanut butter. We keep a jar of PB on the top of Scrubs' kennel and use it to coat treats before we leave. We are at the bottom of the jar and my hand is covered in it.

Why do kids like tupperware so much? JB baby-proofed the kitchen this week while he was home. (I don't think I included that on our accomplishment list.) He didn't baby proof the tupperware cabinet as Isaac loves to go in there. The good news is that I keep the lids on my tupperware so when he yanks them out I don't feel the need to wash them unless he manages to pry a lid off. But let's be honest folks. How many of you all stack your tupperware separate from your lids? I know when my mother and mother-in-law come in town they try to revolt against my system and do that separate stacking thing. No separate stacking for this family. I hate having to wade through to find the right lids. I'd rather take up a whole cupboard with already matched bottoms and lids that I can just yank out right when I need it. Who's with me on this?

Another ponderance. Well, this is a thank you actually. Thanks for all the advice regarding travelling with the two tykes. My great friend and teammate from WKU, Jaime, sent me the link for this machine: Conair Infant Sound Machine. It's small enough to actually, realistically, travel with, so I've bought one and am waiting for it's arrival to take on our trip. I'll let you all know how it works out, but Jaime swears by it and I trust her. The bad news is, I called the hotel to request two cribs, and they told me we couldn't fit two cribs in the room. Must be a small room. Unfortunately, this is New York. Way too pricey to get a second room. So we'll try to request a handicap room and probably have one or both kids sleep with us. Remember: JB and I always get two double beds so we can each get a kid!

Okay, ponderances aside, JB has left for his Sunday call (he gets off tomorrow morning), and I am venturing to church solo! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Jess said...

OH NO to the no two cribs thing, that stinks!! I hope the sound machine does the trick!! Luckily for you guys...at least Elijah will probably be rockable still!!

I forgot to mention...we have Peapod Plus's for the kids to sleep in...they fold about the size of a thin steeringwheel and are zippered for baby or older child (we have to tie the zip on Ava's cause she's hip to our games and not safe to have running about at night). They're REALLY REALLY a lot nicer for travel than the PnP's and the plus is you can get baby used to them in their own home, first.

I'm with you on the PB, too, btw. And I'd BE WITH YOU with the tupperware, except I don't have that kind of room. And I have a large kitchen. Where on earth do you keep all your baby crap? You have like 6 years of cupboards or what??

Anonymous said...

Dad wanted to know why I was laughing and told me to tell you to use a long-handled spoon or metal spatula for the peanut butter:)
good luck!
mom k

Anonymous said...

they make them "clear" because of the chemicals that are found in the dye used on plastics. You would not want your child ingesting such chemicals.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Aaahhh, I knew there had to be a reason. Thanks anonymous!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I DO NOT put my lids on my TW as it takes up SO much space. I have a container full of only lids. But I DO hate finding the lids...usually a chore for my children! :)