Monday, April 13, 2009

Keith, you owe me TWO apologies

Yeah "little" bro. ("Little" put in quotes because Keith is younger than me but not quite littler at 6'10".) Little bro, you owe me not one apology but two.

You left a comment yesterday that read (and I quote):

Wendi,

I wanted to pass my condolences along to you as Kenny Perry, the pride of Franklin, Kentucky, lost in a two hole playoff to Angel Cabrera from south America. I know you would have been rooting for Kenny if you watched even a smidgen of golf. Love you.

Happy Easter,

Your Bro

First apology should be for the fact that you doubted my sports enthusiasm. I love all sports. We had the Masters on ALL DAY yesterday. And when we had to go out in the evening, I taped it! Now granted I didn't get to watch that much between feedings and diapers, but whenever we were in the living room, I kept up with how Kenny was doing.

The second apology should come for basically ruining my tape-watching event. I happened upon your comment right before we hit play on the VCR. I stopped reading immediately but did see "my condolences" right in the beginning, leading me to believe that Kenny lost. You totally ruined my post-Masters watching. (And JB's too.)

I'll be waiting to read a new comment expressing your apologies.

P.S. Kenny Perry did lose in a heartbreaking playoff. He was two up going into the 17th and then bogied the last two holes. Add to that Cabrera hitting a ball off a tree that ended up in nearly perfect position . . . geesh! I did, however, enjoy the announcers talking about the town of under 8,000 that JB and I lived in for four years! Way cool. I also felt very old when I saw his kids on TV. They are now old and weren't old when I last knew them. Yikes.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Wendi,

I apologize. I never even thought for a second that you would even entertain the idea of watching one hole of golf on television, much less the entire tournament. To my defense, the Sssshhhh titled blog was not written when I published my comment. How was I to know. I thought I was informing you. Did you put something else further down?

Anyways, in the long run, does it really matter? I love you.

See you soon. Can't wait for the cousins to meet each other.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you are still keeping up with us Franklinites! :) It was a heartbreaking loss for Kenny, but he still made us all proud. He is a class act. And you are not old! :)
Peace & Blessings,
Emily