Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Toiletry bag . . . unpacked

I have a confession to make.

Yesterday, I unpacked my travel bag filled with toiletries for the first time in nearly six months!

Since May of this year, my toiletry bag has remained packed. It has hung on the back of my bathroom door. Instead of unpacking and repacking, I have simply lived out of this bag, forgoing putting the items back in their respective places in my bathroom.

JB kept asking me if I was going to unpack it. No sir. Why would I? If I unpacked, I would just have to repack within a few days or weeks.

Check out our schedule since May of this year.
  • May: Picked up Isaac from Fort Lauderdale
  • June: Took a trip to Minnesota
  • July: Took a trip to Amelia Island to see my parents
  • August: Took a trip to Chicago
  • September: Took a trip to Fort Lauderdale for hearing (that never happened)
  • October: Took another trip to Fort Laudedale for actual hearing
  • October: Took a trip out west

Bottom line?

I am done travelling. We are done travelling. We are staying home forever!

Okay, maybe not forever, but quite honestly, we have no travel plans for our family, right now at least, until Fall of next year. JB has to attend some conferences, but Isaac, Scrubs, me (and Elijah) plan to hunker down and not go anywhere for quite some time. This includes trips to Ft. Lauderdale. I just need to live at my own house and not out of my travel bag for awhile.

My toiletry back is staying UNPACKED for quite some time. Yippeeee!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok....I guess I'll pack mine then!
mom

Anonymous said...

So you are going south for Christmas this year?

Aimee said...

Wendi~
I got so tired of packing and repacking, I made a trip to Walmart and bought duplicates of everything. I always have my travel bag ready to go with the exception of my contacts and glasses. It works wonderfully! I am going somewhere all the time, just got tiring of rounding everything up all the time.

Anonymous said...

I just bought a travel kit from Bed Bath and Beyond that has all sizes of little bottles and containers for everything- with labels-so I don't have to pack the real containers; just so I'm ready to leave at a moment's notice:)just in case!
love ya, mom k

TAV said...

hey, who needs toiletries anyway??! :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ebby, we aren't. We have to stay here. I am not allowed to leave the base area within 6 weeks of my due date!