Friday, October 24, 2008

Maternity jeans

I finally found ONE website that sold maternity jeans in a size 36" inseam. I am actually a 37" but decided that 36" would do since a 37" is more like a crazy dream than a possible reality. Yesterday, I went to order them. They have four different kinds and are sold out of every single kind.

So I started browsing and found THIS website. Perfect! They have them. Only one problem: they are $248! Are you kidding me? Is this some sort of joke? I thought it was bad that due to my leg length I have to spend $80 on jeans and $60 on most pants. But $248! Would someone actually buy these?

Also, a quick side note. Many people keep encouraging me to look at the "Tall" section of Gap, JC Penney's etc. I appreciate the help, but these won't work. These stores only go to 34" inseams. Trust me, I'd look ridiculous in 34" inseams. I might as well spend the winter in Capris.

I found another site that you could pay to have your current jeans convetered to maternity jeans. The only thing is, my jeans are expensive (see paragraph #2). I don't want to "ruin" my jeans forever by having them converted. What to do . . . what to do . . .

The good news is, I don't live in Minnesota anymore. I can probably skate by through pregnancy with the bellaband and my old jeans and pants as well as some capris. But I'm still keeping my eyes open for 36 inchers!

11 comments:

kjames106 said...

Here are a few places I have found:

tallgirlshop.com

http://rgmaternity.com/light-flap-pocket-jeans/
(these are on sale for $29.99)

http://momsmaternity.com/store/product.asp?categoryID=57&id=1462&category=Tall+and+Petite+Sizes
(these aren't jeans, but they look like they might be nice and cool for Florida weather.)

Hope that helps and doesn't bring you to the same spots you already looked! Good luck! (I have a very large boobs, but small waist issue, so I know what it feels like to not EVER find things that fit!!!!)

AW said...

I LOVED my Bella Band. I'm considering pulling it back out for Thanksgiving. :-D

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thanks kjames. Unfortunately, that is the same site for the jeans but thanks for trying! They are sold out!

Jules said...

Goodness gracious - $248 is insane! They must be stitched with gold lol

Good luck on your quest!

Tara said...

I have the opposite problem and just 2 days ago finally found 2 pairs of jeans that weren't 5 inches too long. I don't normally have to buy petite pants (I'm sort of in between petite and regular at 5'3"), but I did have to buy them in maternity pants and they fit perfectly.

I tell you that just to say that it *might* be different when buying tall maternity jeans and the 34 inchers you think won't fit might just fit. I ordered 2 pairs from Old Navy and I thought for sure they would be fine in a small (according to their size chart). They were WAY too long. It might be worth a try for Old Navy...the returns are free and are by mail.

Anonymous said...

Did you check ebay for the ones you like on the first site but are sold out of?

Anonymous said...

Well Wendi, don't you know anyone who sews who could make you some pants??? Surely someone you know sews?

Katie Capps said...

Wendi -- I am in the same boat as you needing the extra length. I was amazed to find that the many of the GAP maternity pants were longer than the advertised 34" inseam and sat rather low on the waist which gave me the length needed (even when ordering a 34" inseam). Also, I bought some dress pants that were a size larger than I normally wear so that I could wear them lower on my waist (below the bump) and I have since taken them in to fit the post belly body (cost of pants + alterations still cheaper than the sites you found :) Also, Long Elegant Legs has a black dress pant that is stretch (elastic waist) that was great for a dress pant.

Low rise pants + longer shirts = happy maternity!!!

Good Luck .. it stinks when needing to dress, but the "end result" is soooooo worth it!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried makeyourownjeans.com? You pick the style and color and then give them all of your measurements and they make the jeans to fit you. You can ask for a maternity band too! I've never tried it but heard good things.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas guys! I'm going to try some of these pronto!

Sweetlove said...

You might want to try Wranglers brand. Although not maternity, they do have a variety of different lengths including 36 inch inseam. They sell them at Vanity Fair outlet stores. They are about $10 so you wouldn't feel bad converting them. I don't know if they are considered Juniors of womens. I checked out my local outlet. They have 9/10's with a 36in inseam (as well as 7/8, 5/6 and 3/4). If these would fit you, I would be glad to pick them up for you. Oh yeah, don't be fooled by the brand. They are super cute and low rise or mid-rise styles.

Good luck!