Wednesday, October 01, 2008

What a day!

Today was our weekly lunch. For the first time in a long time, we held this at Tiffany's house. Tiffany has been unable to walk without crutches for quite some time (I think about two months!) Therefore, we let her off the hook for holding lunches. (How kind of us?!) However, her parents are in town, so she decided to be the hostess once again!

Here are some pictures (thanks Joia!) of our afternoon together.


Isaac hung out with Tiffany's Dad nearly the entire time. All of a sudden, he fell asleep in Richard's hand. How cute is that? (I don't know why half the picture is cut off, but you get the idea!)

Here's a close-up of a very content little boy.


We managed to get a photo of all five kiddos semi-looking at the camera! Quite an accomplishment. From left are Jonathon, Della, William, Isaac, and Keenan. Believe it or not, we will have eight kids in just a few months!
Here are the five ladies who have made my life at Eglin an amazing experience. I truly don't know WHAT I would do without these gals. From left: Andrea, me, Sarah, Joia, Tiffany, and Jodi. The six of us are a great team and support system for each other. They truly are my lifeline here.
Here's a great picture of Isaac with his two big buddies -- William and Keenan.

Overall, it was a fairly rough day for me today. Between an allergy attach, the wifia lunch, my four hour work day, my "Moms in Motion" class in the afternoon, and my two boys, I didn't slow down much at all.

I have struggled with allergies (it's Ragweed mostly) each fall. In Minnesota, it's usually quick because it freezes there in like, well, May or something I think. (Just a joke Minnesotans!) I also got a shot in Minnesota and truly could have kissed the feet of my allergist, who changed my life! But here, the season goes on quite a bit longer. Last year I was able to take some good medicines. But this year, I am pregnant and quite limited! I am hoping the Claritin I can take does the trick or that this passes quickly. I told the gals today it feels like there is a feather stuck up my nose and being slowly twisted continually. Those of you who deal with allergies know how much they knock you on your butt.

In addition, Scrubs was just a little stinker today. It's amazing how that dog can be good for weeks and then just decide, like a little kid, to have a stinker day. This included running over to visit the neighbor's dogs after I took his leash off (he usually walks right inside the house), refusing to come in from the yard (until I brought out the correct motivation -- food), and not leaving Isaac and I alone while he was eating.

In addition, our morning started earlier than expected as well. First, Scrubs started his stinker ways by waking up at 4:30 in the morning! He jumped up on JB's side of the bed and JB sent him flying! Scrubs has quit coming to my side because I roll into the middle of the bed and ignore him completely. We are still trying to figure out why our "used-to-be-lazy-in-the-morning-dog" has decided to wake up before the sun comes up. I am thinking that due to him "training" with JB for the half-marathon, he is not getting quite enough to eat as he goes RACING to his food bowl as soon as we open the bedroom door. So I am going to try feeding him a bit later in the evenings, and if that doesn't work, up his food a bit as well. He's lost quite a bit of weight since our little "chunky" stage a few months back so it may be time to up his intake again and release him from his diet.

All right, time to take a shower and get ready for Care Group! Hopefully tomorrow will slow down a bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures are so cute!!! Isaac always looks so contented. And the 3 boys on the couch is priceless!!!
Cheryl

Gabbs said...

"This included running over to visit the neighbor's dogs after I took his leash off (he usually walks right inside the house), refusing to come in from the yard (until I brought out the correct motivation -- food)"

Man, Nate and Scrubs are SOOO much alike! Nate usually grabs at chances to run off and do something other than what I want him to do, and when I give him correct motivation, he seems to comply, lol.

yuan family said...

I love the pictures, especially the one with all of the kids!

June said...

I struggled w/allergies before pregnancy and wondered how I would survive for 9 mo w/o my trusty meds. Anyway, I discovered the neti pot, you use it to gently rinse out the nasal sinuses with homemade saline. It sounds gross to Westerners, but it really was a miracle solution for me. As soon as the sniffles and violent sneezing began, I'd rinse out and be "clean and dry" all day (rarely, I'd rinse 2x in 1 day). There's a little bit of a learning curve for the pot (do it wrong and you get water in weird places), but most folks easily get the hang of it. I swear by the pot now. Best of all, I don't need allergy meds anymore!!!