Friday, October 10, 2008

"Book Club"

From left: Jodi, me, Tiffany, Joia, Becky, and Andrea

Second Thursday of the month = Book club.

Location = Guiseppi's Wharf.

Book read = I have no idea.

The truth? Not a single one of us had read the book. I think "book club" has simply become a code word for a night out with NO KIDS ALLOWED! We actually don't even talk about kids very much at all. Other than a story here and there . . . and my announcement of our new little guy's name, we always have too much else to talk about to bring up kids.

Last night we talked about racism and politics and other things I won't write on the blog! I had actually debated whether or not to go last night since we have so much to do around here with getting ready to leave tomorrow morning for New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado. But I am so glad (Tiffany made me) I decided to go. Actually, it was my wonderful husband who said, "You only do this once a month. You should go." that pushed me over and made me feel not feel guilty about leaving all my boys at home. So off I went!

I mention things I love about Joia fairly often but her love for desserts and her diligence in taking pictures may be two of the most popular things that cause me to love her. She is never afraid to ask the waitress to take a photo of us during dinner. At the time, I'm always wondering if I have food on my face, but afterwards, I'm always glad we took the time for a quick smile. I'm also glad she is okay with me stealing the pictures from her blog and putting them on my blog later. Joia is the queen of pictures. She recently reached the maximum size for her blog, and she has only had her's for like a fourth of the time I have kept mine. The difference is my abundance of words and her abundance of pictures.

In addition to her photo skills, I loved her idea of everyone ordering an appetizer for a meal and then ordering a dessert as well. I opted for a pasta dish instead of an appetizer, and we were all so full and the desserts so big that we decided to share them with a partner.

Okay everyone. Easy question here. Out of these three desserts: key lime pie on the left, Chocolate Explosion (or something like that) on the right, and the ice cream cookie sandwich in the front, which one do you think Wendi partnered in devouring?



Yes, you are all right. I got the chocolate devotion or indulgence or whatever the word was that went with chocolate. Chocolate is the important phrase. It's the give-away for what Wendi participated in.

Well everyone, not sure when you will hear from me again. We are leaving very early tomorrow morning. Our plan is to fly to New Mexico and stay with Lee & Kristi until Tuesday. On Tuesday we will drive to Moab, Utah where JB will be taking place in a wilderness medicine conference while Isaac and I bond in the hotel room. I'll be working from there as well. We are then off to Colorado where we plan to spend a day with Kelsey before heading home.

I will take a ton of photos, but they will most likely have to wait to be loaded until we return. I'll try to update the blog regularly but stay tuned for the photos.

Please pray that we have a safe trip and that I am able to get everything packed with all these new luggage requirements. Pray also that I am comfortable during the travel days and that Isaac is his normal, well-behaved self!

See you all in the west!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't think no one caught that part about sharing baby number two's name! That is so unfair.

Have a good time. Think about making a jog to the north and stopping in Rochester while you are out and about. What is one more stop?

Anonymous said...

Tell the Hunt/Hartley Family that I said hello. Safe travels...

Jaime

Anonymous said...

The dessert was "Death by Chocolate", but you obviously felt feelings of indulgence and devotion while you were eating it, and that's why those words popped into your head! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Your book club night out looked like so much fun! Looks like such a nice group! I am jealous. And I'm jealous of the location! I recognize that place! When I went there, I was chasing a 1 1/2 year old up and down the entryway. Aaah, well. Have a safe trip. Love, Sarah

Amy T. S. said...

I guessed it! We are kindred chocolate spirits. (Chocolate kindred spirits? Whatever).

I have a suggestion for your book club - The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. It's awesome.

I'm going to call your new baby Ackarack. I think it's a good name, and probably the one you chose but are keeping secret for awhile. Am I right?

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Oh wow Death By Chocoloate....but that ice cream sandwich looked so good too!

A limit on the blog....I am clueless. Fill me in. :P