Monday, July 09, 2007

JB's Books

For JB's graduation, his father gave him a homemade "bookshelf". Okay, so the bookshelfs aren't actually built yet, but the promise is there that he is going to build him something.

In the meantime, I decided that we probably needed to get JB's books out of boxes. A few times since we have moved in, JB has needed a book and had no way to find it. I therefore decided to unpack them in one of the guest room closets, hoping I could set them up fairly conveniently.

We have actually decided to make our "extra rooms" into: (a) my office and (b) JB's library/office and a guest room.

Folks, my husband has a lot of books. And not only does he have a lot of books, he has some books on some fairly obscure and varrying topics. Here's some photos of the closet after I had all the books unloaded.






Here's just a sampling of the types of books I found as I unpacked the boxes.










Here's some photos of JB enjoying his new space.



8 comments:

AW said...

I am a bookworm and have always prided myself in some of the more obscure books I've collected. But JB...ya got me beat. By a mile. WHY a book on bats? Just curious...

BTW, I LOVE your dining room set. That is so something we'd have in our home.

Anonymous said...

Good taste.
"The Pigman's Handbook" is an American Literary Classic. Very profound.

Rachel and Hans said...

no way! calvin and hobbes! my brothers were obsessed with them growing up and i hate to actually admit that i sometimes read them at the breakfast table, too.

Anonymous said...

Ronnie is making me get rid of 3/4ths of my books when we move. This is very hard. I will be trying to decide up until the day we move which ones should stay behind in Minnesota.

Pray for me people!

yuan family said...

Holy cow...that is a ton of books. You could set it up like a library and people could rent them from you!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Funky, JB thinks Bats are really, really cool! I do not know why.

Anonymous said...

Ebby, are you really thinking about moving??? Soon, or in the far away future? Is Fl a possibility? Wendi, you have a nice message board here:)

Anonymous said...

Yes we are moving on August 4th to North Myrtle Beach, SC. We will be 2 miles from my mom and step-dad. I am excited about the kids being near grandparents again.