Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Movie Recommendations

If there's one thing that my husband enjoys doing, it's watching movies. I am not into it as much as he is. I just think there is so much more I can be doing while at home. And while at the theatre, I think that we could get this on Netflix and not spend so much money. We found a great movie theatre in Destin which has digital movies -- a much clearer picture. With our military ID the price is knocked down from $9 to $7 for us and anyone with us. Heck they even gave it to Justin when he told them he wanted to buy the tickets and JB and I weren't there yet. Anyways, in the last three weeks we have seen three movies: Harry Potter, Bridge to Terabithia, and Mission Impossible III.

All three movies were very good. I won't get into a big "debate" about Harry Potter. I know some of you aren't into it or are actually against it. That's fine. John loves the books and even though I hadn't seen the movie before this one, I enjoyed it. Justin, John, and I went on opening night. It was very entertaining. My personal take is that Harry Potter is the "thing" of our era. E.T., Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, heck even the Smurfs got a bad wrap for awhile! But in the end, the movies are all about good vs. evil. And good wins in this movie too. All right, like I said, I am Mrs. anti-controversy so I'll leave it at that. If you are okay with Harry Potter, you'll enjoy the movie.

Second movie I saw on video. We get Netflix which we really enjoy. JB had already seen Mission Impossible III, but I hadn't. I really enjoyed it! It was very, very entertaining -- the best of the 3 in my opinion, especially because they sprinkled in some great romance. Rent this one folks!

The third movie we saw was also on Netflix -- Bridge to Terabithia. Now this was a very entertaining movie, but it wasn't anything like I thought it was gonig to be. If you watch the trailer, you'd think something very different then what it turns out to be. However, the child actors in this movie are fantastic, and it really made for an entertaining watch.

So there's the critic's review of the week.

I'll leave you with a couple of random, completely unrelated pictures of our little pup, including one I took of him after he fell asleep from utter exhaustion in his cage.

As I write this, I'm waiting for JB to get home from his first night of night-shift. Poor guy sounded pretty whipped when I spoke to him at 10pm last night. Well, at least I had Scrubs to keep me company -- and keep me company he did at 12pm, 2am, and 5am! :)






5 comments:

TAV said...

Hey Wen- do you have a Blockbuster on base or nearby? They have this 'Total Access' deal where you can both return movies by mail and return in store for a simultaneous new one, and additional e-coupons for free rentals per month. I think it's a better deal than Netflix and just switched. I want to see the rest of 'Bridge to Terabithia'-- we got rained out at a screen on the green in Durham. I remember reading the book as a child but not really the outcome. Does someone die? :)

Tara said...

Aw..I love the one where he's passed out.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tara, our blockbuster is a little far and not too convenient, otherwise, I think you are on to something.

You'll have to watch the movie--not going to give it away but ... man!

AW said...

That shot of Scrubs sleeping is too adorable!!!

Amy T. S. said...

Wendi, you rock, anti-controversy sista! I'm looking forward to seeing "The Movie Which Shall Not Be Named" next week! lol