Monday, July 09, 2007

A few words ...

So I decided to post some words to go with all those pictures of books. Some quick notes:

Mediterranean
Last night we had a few new friends over for dinner (fellow interns and their families). JB made an amazing Mediterranean meal. It was wonderful! Actually, I decided to help JB cook. I've never really done this before. Usually I leave him alone for the cooking, and he leaves me alone for the cleaning. Instead, I helped him cook, and he helped me clean. We had a great time! I really did enjoy helping him, and I really didn't think that would be the case.

Wendi Cooking
Learning in the kitchen is pretty important right now as I am having to cook more than usual. I am really trying to get out the recipe book and just try some things. I cooked two meals last week, and JB said that both of them were "good". I ate them too, and agreed. They were halfway decent. Nothing like what he cooks, but not too shabby at all.

Cousin Justin
In other news, my cousin Justin is coming into town today. I think we are going to go to a local water park tomorrow! John likes this news since he really isn't "in" to water parks and maybe this will get it out of my system.

Adoption
We also made our first payment today towards our adoption on Saturday and signed the final pieces of paperwork to "join" our agency. The forms actually said: "Signature of mother" and "signature of father". That was really cool!

JB's schedule
JB's schedule is currently, busy. He left again today at 7 a.m. and won't be home until about 7 p.m. This is fairly typical. Next week he starts two weeks of nights. I'm trying to not get worried about his schedule right now. I'm trying to just take one day at a time.

2 comments:

AW said...

Congrats on the adoption payment! That check didn't even hurt did it? :-) I'm getting so excited for you.

Gabbs said...

Wendi,

Look into crock pot cooking. So easy. It's my favorite!