Friday, July 06, 2007

Meet some of our friends

Between the ten people in JB's intern group, I think activities will be based on "who is free for the day". Today, there were at least three of JB's fellow interns that were also off for the day. Matt had the idea to rent a pontoon. Then he recruited JB since currently, JB is the only double-captain amidst the group. (He got his captain's license for boating when he was here last August.) You can rent the boats right on base. To rent them solo, would really be expensive. However, renting the amidst a group makes it a very manageable price.

We took the boat to "Crab Island", a very popular hang out. It's basically in the middle of where the ocean meets the bay, and the water is so clear and shallow, you can get out and just chill in the middle of the Ocean. I love it! It was a beautiful day.

Matt (who lives around the corner from us) and his son William


Matt and William with their wife Tiffany. Matt and Tiffany are from Texas. Matt is a Texan "to the core". He is also a fellow Aggie <-- I wrote that for Christo!


Fellow intern Cliff with his wife Jodi. Cliff and Jodi are our age and have been married for about a year and a half. They are from North Carolina.


Fellow intern Kacey. Her boyfriend is a dentist in Tampa. Kasey is from the New Orleans/Mississippi area. However, she did her residency at Nova in Fort Lauderdale!

Self portrait. We aren't as good as these as our friends Hershal and Michelle who have mastered the art of making these look like the camera isn't on the end of your arm.


Jb and Cliff


Kasey and Jodi

You have to check out this video below. Here we are, in the middle of the ocean, and the most important person of all shows up!



Click HERE if the video won't play to check it out online.

3 comments:

TAV said...

Are you kidding me?! Ice cream?! I can't believe this. I need to move to Destin.

yuan family said...

Wow...we need to come visit pronto! I could get used to that!

Rachel and Hans said...

oh my gosh, are you serious?! that is awesome! wow! ok...even though I am a true MN girl, I could definately see myself living there. Maybe I won't just come for a visit...can I rent the guest room for awhile?