Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Girls' night out

I am really blessed by some of the wonderful wives of JB's fellow interns. Last night, four of us went to "McGuire's Irish Pub" near Destin. It was actually Tiffany's idea. Her husband Matt agreed to watch their son William so she could have a night out. We wanted to see that new Catherine Zeta Jone's movie, but it doesn't come out until next week. So instead we opted for dinner and a movie at my house.

We met at our house and everyone met Scrubs. I was shocked at how shy my puppy was. When Tiffany and Matt came over on Saturday when we got him, he was all over everyone. However, a few days later, and he didn't want to leave my side. After a few minutes, he warmed up, but still gingerly! I don't want my dog being a scaredy cat -- we have to work on this.

We then headed to dinner. We were trying to go to "Cafe Bistro" but it was closed for a private party! WHATever. So we opted for "McGuire's Irish Pub". This is a really fun restaurant with all sort of eccentric decorations and traditions. Here's some pics of our night (thanks to Joia for letting me steal these from her!)


I'll label this picture as the entrance to the restaurant in case you couldn't tell.



Here's the girls' night out gang. Wendi (obviously), Jodi (back left), Tiffany (back right), and Joia (front right). I'm not sure why I couldn't bear to put down the ketchup for the picture.




Not sure the whole story behind this, but people sign and hang dollar bills from the ceiling. I find it good decoration but sort of disturbing that money holds such little value to people! (None of us were going to throw our money away so we didn't participate.)



The menu is full of fun things -- like you can get a bowl of beans for 18 cents -- the original price of the soup. They also sell a $100.00 hamburger. Apparently it includes some sort of rare champagne or something. You've got to be kidding me! Obviously people have bought this or it wouldn't be on the menu. I'd like to lecture the person who would put $100.00 into their stomach with one item!



JB and I ate at McGuire's back in August when I came out to visit him on his rotation. Back then, they had signs like these on the bathroom door. Read closely to find out why I ended up in the Men's room. Yesterday, the signs had been replaced with simple signs. Apparently, they had a fight with the health department. However, you can read the WHOLE STORY here. Apparently, McGuire's has reached an agreement with the state to keep their famous door signs.

After dinner, we headed back to my house and watched French Kiss. Tiffany and I had seen it but a long time ago. It was fun because it had a lot of Canadian/American connections and Joia is a Canadian (about to be dual-citizen.) Actually, the four of us are from all over the country. I guess I claim Florida, Tiffany is a Texan, Joia from Canada and most recently Michigan, and Jodi the Carolinas! Good diversity in friendships.

In other news, folks I am TIRED! I got an email from a co-worker today who told me I had emailed her at 11:33 p.m. and 6:16 a.m. YIKES! I blame it on two issues: JB being gone which always causes me to take longer falling asleep, and this darn little adorable puppy who think 5am is morning!!!

5 comments:

TAV said...

$100 hamburgers?! You wouldn't catch me hanging any of my money from the ceiling :)

Anonymous said...

If I weren't a Christian I would think abot robbing that place.

AW said...

The fact that your puppy is a little shy is not bad considering how much he's been through this last week. I'd be a little shy and sticking to momma's side too.

Give him some time...he'll open up as soon as he realizes he's not getting transported away by your guests and that he's at home for good with you.

Do you realize how adorable he is??? ;-)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh thanks Funky!!! I was worried that this was going to be his personality. He was stuck like glue to me.

And yes, I'm in love with him already. I'm exhausted but don't know what I would do without him!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your little guy is already attached; the making of a good protector!