Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oh Captain my Captain

Tuesday was a very packed day. Not only was it my (gulp) 30th birthday (let's just leave it at that), but JB was promoted to Captain in the U.S. Air Force by Dr. Barrier, Associate Dean of the medical school and a former Air Force physician herself. I did a lot of packing, worked a full day, had lunch with my friend Stephanie, went to JB's oath ceremony, and also went over to Dave and Lesley's for a little birthday/eat all your old food potluck. The Rays and Tara joined us. We also watched American Idol. I haven't been watching much TV, but geez I am not a Jordin Sparks fan.

Only one more "sleep" in my bed in Minnesota. Our renters move in on Monday. Wow.

Here are some photos from the ceremony. It was an EXTREMELY windy day. Did you know Rochester is the sixth windiest city in the US? Stephanie and I, literally, were almost blown over crossing the street.






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, as the saying goes-you crack me up:) I'm happy for you and your captain! Have a great day. love mom k

Gabbs said...

Captain Shmaptain!

Ha ha, just kidding. Go John!

Anonymous said...

Captain Crunch?

Anonymous said...

Captain Kangaroo!

TAV said...

I TOTALLY think Captain Kitsteiner sounds like a cereal! :)

Gabbs said...

LOL Tara!

Anonymous said...

I think Captian Kitsteiner sounds like a Super Hero!! :)
Happy Belated Birthday Wen!
I did think of you on your day --but alas the card is still sitting here...i will get back into real life one of these days!
love you kiddo
so does this mean you will be staying in someone else's condo while john and ray move your stuff?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yes, I am going to stay with the Rays from tonight until my transfer. :)