Monday, May 21, 2007

Bitter sweet

Sunday morning my parents and grandparents headed home. This morning, JB's parents and brother Rob headed home.

It was so wonderful to have them all here. It was wonderful to watch JB graduate with his MD. It's been wonderful living in Minnesota for these four years.

My mom and mom-in-law helped me pack while they were here. I got a TON of stuff done. Quite honestly, I am probably only a few hours a way from having the house packed up. This is bitter sweet to me. I really love our home. I really love our condo. I really love warm weather, but nonetheless, I don't feel ready to go.

The good news about going, however, is that we aren't selling our "home". We are going to rent it out. I put a free ad on Craig's List and in the Mayo classifieds on Friday morning. By Friday midday, JB had four people stop over. Two of them wanted to rent without question. The first one, however, put a deposit down, and will therefore be our renters. We'll rent for at least a year and then see what we want to do.

I still need to post pictures of the party on Saturday. I'll try to do that soon. I cried a lot at the party on Saturday. There are so many people to say good bye to.

Okay, crying again here. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can so feel those tears/ goodbyes with you....but not for you so you don't have to... :(
the good thing at least from my experience of moving my whole life -is that many of the friendships will never end, even some will surprisingly grow deeper thru the years even with years/miles apart (think of us!) -and the next place you will have tears leaving too :(, but that's a good thing because you are about to meet some new really neat and wonderful people you wouldn't want to have missed and have new adventures with them....(cara's view on moving and making new friends doesn't not match mine tho -i think! -- so it may be a personality thing!)....it's getting thru the lonely times when the loss will be truly felt as you go and those relationships seem like they will never develop and take too much work, and it's not worth it! But it's worth it!
i can imagine your feelings watching family leave too! What a wonderful but emotional weekend you've had !! I still love to look at the pics! What blessings in your life! What blessings you are to so many too!
Tante Jan