Sunday, May 13, 2007

IVF Transfer

Well, things aren't going as smoothly as we would like for our next IVF transfer. I won't get into all the details, but basically, my body does not seem to be responding to the medication properly. We aren't sure why. We aren't sure if my body is just moving slower than normal or if the travel and/or weight loss I incurred is a contributing factor. Either way, we are growing concerned that I won't be ready for the May 31st transfer date.

If you think of it, could you please be praying for both JB and myself during this time. We are both a little frustrated by the lack of response. If my body responds soon, there may still be time to get on track for the May 31st transfer. If it responds slower than expected, they may have to push my date out. If it doesn't respond, the transfer date would have to be scrapped, and I would have to start over with medications. Basically this means that all the medications I took in Africa, were not needed. That's a bit frustrating.

If the transfer is delayed, JB will probably not be able to come up for it as he starts work on June 6th at Eglin. I am okay with this and know I can handle it without him. We talked to Delta, and we can cancel his flight and save the "credit" for a future flight which is encouraging. I can stay here for a bit longer and just stay with friends and continue working from here for a week or two.

If it is cancelled altogether, we'll have to figure out when we can get things started again. I'll have to fly back up to Mayo obviously. Like I said, all of this will work out fine. It's just a tad frustrating when we were working on such a tight window. The nurses had so carefully helped me plan this out so things would be on time. In addition, I have never had this problem with these medications before.

I also wanted to tell my mother and mother-in-law "Happy Mother's Day!" today. We'll get to see them in a few days to celebrate. In addition, I wanted to ask everyone out there to please remember that this day is difficult for some and not forget about the women like me, who aren't mothers, or people who have lost their mothers and struggling with memories today. Holidays are always an emotional time, and we should always remember others while we are celebrating ourselves.

Normally, JB and I usually do something "fun" together on Mother's Day. The last two years, we have gone canoeing. However, we have so much going on this week, that we really can't spare the morning. We are skipping church (on purpose as it is coupled with baby dedications -- thanks for the head's up Ebby), but we are going to stay at the house and just get some pre-move work done.

Thanks for all the love and prayers as always. While we are both a bit frustrated today, we know that God is at the helm. We continue to trust Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys! I thought of you this morning at church and how hard Mothers Day is for both of you, and said a little prayer...and I want you both to know what an inspiration you have been with your trip, and your news and pictures on your blog..I looked forward each day, to hear about your adventures!!Experiences of a lifetime; and by the way JB, the "bird" blog was the BEST!We love birds and what an awesome opportunity to see all those species and such beautiful ones!!! I can see why you were so excited!We pray for everthing to fall into place for you guys and for the Lord to give you strength with all the activities over the next few weeks!God Bless, Nancy and Tom