Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We got a house (sort of)

At 9:30 this morning JB called to tell me that we have a house on base. It is a 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom with all the things we would have liked (spacious kitchen, bathroom in master bedroom, porch, yard, etc.) It's not even a duplex; it's its own house.

The only downside is that due to some miscommunication, they will not allow us to move into it until June 1st. This is frustrating as Ronnie is there to help. So ... we will try to secure another male compadre to help us unload June 2nd or 3rd (I can't remember which day we will be there). It should work out fine. John managed to keep the rental truck for another week to avoid having to put the stuff in the storage for a week, only to have to reload a truck, and then move the stuff into the house.

John is currently sending me video and pictures via our phone so I hope to share some with you if I can. Yipee! No temporary housing. Very good news.

2 comments:

TAV said...

That June 1st date sucks, but I'm so glad you have an on-base house! :) Wish I could help move you in!

Anonymous said...

when i sent it to my email it came up with a message like this:
This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.
and then i couldn't see anywhere to play yours -
just other videos came up!?