Thursday, May 17, 2007

Let's get this party started!

Today is the beginning of the graduation festivities. JB's parents and his brother Rob fly into Minneapolis around 9:30 this morning. My parents are flying into Chicago and then driving over with my grandparents. (Tickets into Chicago are TONS cheaper than into Minnesota.) We are hopeful Bara will be able to join us tomorrow evening. Last night we heard from him and one of the pigs he does research on is very ill limiting his travels. But hopefully we will get to see him! I really want our families to meet Bara.

Tonight is a wonderful ceremony through our CMDA Bible Study -- it's a Christian oath ceremony. JB and seven of his classmates have decided to take part in this ceremony. Many of them are people you have heard of often: Dave and Lesley, Tara, Ajit, Antonio, Hans, and Nicole. I am blessed that our families will be here in time for that.

Tomorrow evening is a Mayo party for the graduates. Saturday is the graduation itself. Then at 4:30 we are having a cook-out at Ron & Ebby for a group of the graduates. I am so blessed that KRISTEN THE GREAT (can't think of a good, powerful "k" word) has offered to help with the party. This is an AMAZING blessing!!!! Kristen, I owe you for LIFE!

Okay, should be an adventure of a weekend. Please keep me in prayer as I am recovering from yesterday's delightful procedure. Also keep everyone in your prayers for safe travels.

Folks, Saturday, I'll be married to a doctor!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you and the rest of the med. students (as of Saturday Doctors) a lot the past couple of days. I don't get emotional about people moving or us moving. I get excited about for them and their new adventure.

I can not say that I am excited about any of you moving. Wendi, I have seen you finish college, get married, John in college, John graduating, being accepted to Mayo, Moving up here together, living in the same house, you buying your first home, carting my daughter to school everyday, John making it through Med School, you hitting two deer :), Ronnie making you and John fight, having cookouts with the med students at the house...I could go on and on about what has happened over the last 10 years.

WhAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOU AND JOHN HERE? And the rest of the med students? Who am I going to mother hen now. My own kids can only take so much of that.

I am not excited about your move. I have tried to be, but this morning my eyes got something in them and started to water. I can't believe you will be moving all of your things in 1 week. I can't believe that in two days I will not longer be able to say, "My med students". I can't believe that my children won't have you around all the time any more. I can't go break in another couple and ask them if they are pure! :) That is a once in a life time thing you know.

I am sad and crying and I DON"T CRY!

Deep down I will admit that I am very proud of you both and I am excited that you will be living near your family again. This is going to be a great adenture for all of you....I just wish I could be along for the journey.

Much love to you my friend. You are going to be greatly missed!

Gabbs said...

Awww....Ebby, you made me cry. I'm sorry that you're hurting and I know that this will be a hard time for you guys. I will keep you in my prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

wendi...
quick question. would you mind taking some pics of hans tonight at the swearing in, since i won't be there??? no biggie if you can't, but just thought i'd check. have fun! see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendi girl, I was just reading you blog and had to write you a few lines to say Hello.

You and JB are making so many good memories to tell your children one day. And there will be children. You will both make GREAT parents.

I have a neice that is going thru IVF treatments, all the shots and meds all the disappointments that go along with it. On May 3, they did another transfer, with 3 healthy little babies, on May 14, they did a blood test and it looks like it is going to take. She has been back this week due to some pain and they think there is only one baby as we were expecting at least two. I just hope and pray that this keeps working for her. They have been married 14 years so they have been thru the mill so to speak (Ky Slang). I will be thinking of you and hoping things work out this time.

Congrats to "Dr Kitsteiner"

Anonymous said...

Oh My, I forgot to tell you it was from me, Norma, Franklin-Simpson HS. School is out in 4 more days. HOORAY a million times....