Wednesday, May 09, 2007

One month and counting

Life is slowly (or is it quickly?) returning to some resemblance to "normal". Quite honestly, I am not sure what normal really is. We are only here for 4 weeks before we head to Florida. In that time we have a graduation and a graduation party. My parents, JB's parents and brother Rob, my grandparents, and our friend Bara are all coming into town for the events. A few more family members were going to come, but JB's sister Katie decided to get married last Saturday so a few flew out for this instead of JB's graduation. (I think a wedding ranks over a graduation.)

Prior to moving, we also have to finish some things around our condo in preparation for the sale which should be finalized May 30th. JB and our friend Ron Ray are going to move us down to Florida sometime around May 25th. Then JB will fly back here for my transfer on May 31st before we both leave a few days later for Eglin and our new home.

My job at Mayo was approved, and I have to get a bunch of paperwork in order to shift from an in-office worker to an at-home worker. In addition, our office moved yesterday to a new building which slightly added to the number of things I needed to do.

Speaking of our next transfer, things are progressing nicely. All my medications were well taken care of on the trip, and things proceeded exactly as planned. I am taking lupron shots each morning now and will soon start estrace tablets and go in for my cervical dilation and blood work to get things going. I am very excited about our fourth try. The time off was one of the best decisions we made during this four years of infertility treatments. I felt emotionally prepared to start things again.

I've also been asked repeatedly to reflect on the four weeks we spent in Nigeria and to share more about this trip on a personal level. I plan to do that tomorrow. I have so much to say that I have been putting off saying it. But tomorrow, I'll share where my heart is after our experience.

Till then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you that we are thrilled you are home safe and sound! Will you be at the farm with us on Sat?
Thanks for sharing all the pictures and stories...I love to read them!

AW said...

Wendi, so good to know that the medications/storage when well overseas! I had wondered, but was patiently waiting for you to share. :-)