Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A few announcements

Last night I got an email from my dear friends Kelly and her Mom, Nancy. The G. family has been close to me since I was born, and Kelly and I went to school together for 13 years. She has been an incredible comfort during my infertility journey as she struggled with secondary infertility with their second child.

Unfortunately, Nancy's father passed away in his home yesterday morning. This was especially difficult since 2006 brought the passing of two other grandparents. Please be praying for their family right now. I know they can use it. I can't imagine the difficulty dealing with the loss of three parents/grandparents in the course of a year.

In other, more happy news, I wanted to give a congratulations to my cousin Jason and Kathleen who had their second child yesterday, a girl. I don't have all the details yet, but I'll post them when I have them. All I know currently is that it was a daughter. In the Huisman family, a daughter is big news!

In other more happy news, I wanted to say Happy Birthday to my Tante Jan. I won't tell you her age but it ends in a zero so you can figure it out. It's a big one! Happy day Jan!

Then, onto sad news. It is currently feels like -17 degrees. Also they are currently calling for a high of an actual zero on Sunday. I'll have to talk about this more. Talk about it more when I am not so depressed by it.

We are also hoping to hear back from the adoption agency this week with news of how our application looks so please keep that in your prayers as well.

Okay, enough announcements. Off to work.

2 comments:

TAV said...

Hey! What's with the un-reverse-alphabetizing of your "favorite places." I'm demoted to last! Maybe you should go with my last name-- then I'd be closer to the top. j/k :) Thanks for having me over for Idol tonight!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yeah Sorry about that Tara. I was cleaning up! :)