Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Big Announcement

I'm sorry my blogs have been a little on the "thin" side the last few days. There's been some major "rumblings" at our house, but we didn't feel comfortable posting until we were ready.

We are ready.

We have decided to adopt a daughter from China!

Last night we signed the paperwork and paid our application fee to AMERICA WORLD. I'm sure you all have a ton of questions. We are intent on making this experience a learning experience not only for us but for all of you out there who follow our lives in person or only via this blog.

We want you to feel that you can ask questions and share in this experience with us so feel free, at any point in this journey, to ask questions, not only to educate yourself, but to help educate others as well. I plan, sometime in the next few days or weeks, to post a blog answering some of the questions that have already been asked and any new ones you may post in the comments. However, I did want to make sure that I told you all that we are continuing with infertility treatments. We are 100% committed to going back for each of our sticky babies.

Also, please feel free to leave comments at any point. This blog will be an "online journal" of our adoption process ... something our daughter will read someday in the future. So any comments you share now, even before her birth, will be comments she can read herself someday.

Please pray that we meet all requirements for the program as we have just "applied" to get in. China has changed a lot of their regulations recently and we need to wait to hear back from the agency to determine if we qualify. We are very excited and can't wait to share in this experience with you.

John and Wendi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful! She will be the luckiest girl ever to have such wonderful and loving parents! We will pray that all goes smoothly. We are so excited for you! Yeah!
Love,
Hershal and Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow! (Hans)

I am BEYOND excited for you two. What a fun journey and I look forward to hearing about it as it unfolds. As always, you are in my thoughts/prayers. (Rachel)

AW said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! AHHHHHH! I'm so happy for you!!! Do you realize you're now "paperwork pregnant"??? Heehee! Wendi - I am so excited. This is what Neil and I were just beginning last year when I found out I was pregnant. My step-mom (who raised me) is Chinese and I'm half Japanese, so I felt I had a little bit of heritage to share with a daughter from China.

I wish I could wipe this silly grin off my face. I can't wait to see what God does with this decision. You are in for such a blessing!!!

Love and lots of prayers,
Andi

*still grinning*

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! We are so excited for you and us!!
Happy Birtday John Boy!!

Anonymous said...

That is SUPER cool!!! I can't wait I can't wait for Tyler and Jordan to play with your daughter! Josh and I wish you so many blessings! Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

well, I am amazed by two things: first, I am so excited about this little baby that's gonna join this wonderful parents!
second, i'm amazed how this blog is centered in your life! your blog is a real mirror of your life! this is like a reality TV show! ;-)