Monday, January 15, 2007

Broken lamp and a good ol' shock

Last night, or, well, actually around 2:30 this morning, I reached over to grab my mask from my end table.

Somehow, I knocked over my lamp. I broke my lamp. I woke JB up. I then reached over to figure out what had happened to the lamp and realized that the wires in the lamp were now exposed. I realized this by shocking myself. I shocked myself pretty good.

By this time, JB had gotten up and was over by my side of the bed. He tried to reach behind the bed and unplug the lamp, but he couldn't fit his arm behind the bed to unplug it. So, he asked me to do it. I reached behind the bed and unplugged the first thing I found.

I unplugged the alarm clock.

Now, mind you, both of us are very tired and barely awake so a small argument ensues over the fact that he didn't tell me there were multiple choices behind the bed. I thought whatever I found was the alarm clock.

So, I had to re-find the alarm clock plug, plug it in, and then find the lamp plug and unplug it.

By this time we are both wide awake. JB has to reset the clock and reset the alarm.

He was a little peeved with me to say the least.

Sigh ....

In other news, I wanted to apologize for the story I put on the blog a few days back. I should have told you all, before I put it on the blog, that it was a short story. There is no second chapter. There is no ending. This is how it ended. It would have been more fair had I let you all know that ahead of time. However, the fact that you all want to know what happens means that I accomplished my task. So thanks for this feedback.

3 comments:

yuan family said...

I want to know what happens in the story!

Anonymous said...

Nothing "shocking" to report, but I did want to pass on some info. I recently had the priviledge of meeting with two exceptional Christian writers - Karen Kingsbury and Donna Van Liere. Donna openly shares her struggles with infertlity. Both of the authors have adopted children. They both have websites and I thought you might want to become acquainted with fellow Christians who are, like yourself, writers of excellence! Blessings as you follow your literary dreams and I hope to meet you someday at your booksigning!

AW said...

Wendi, your story was a cliff-hanger for sure! Great job!

And sorry to hear about the broken lamp. When you're TTC, getting shocked in the middle of the night like that is NOT the way to go. :-D

Andi