Sunday, August 27, 2006

A lot changed overnight

Yesterday was a relaxing day. In the morning I went and cheered Kelsey on at the conclusion of her half-marathon. She ran very well -- 1:50 which is around an 8:30 pace. This is very impressive as I don't even run 8:30 pace when I run three miles.

Speaking of three miles, this is about what I am running every day when I run. I ran about a 3.2 yesterday. I think I am going to try to run the Harvest Classic 5K (3.1 miles) on Saturday morning. I am hoping Kristen decides to run so I have someone to run it with me. My only major issue with running right now is that I am having some substantial calf pain. I am not sure if this is from my shoes or my form or my eating/hydration. It is a little frustrating because my stamina feels like I could run 4-5 miles, but my legs do not.

In the evening, a bunch of us went and saw Invincible. I really enjoyed the movie, and it was a good family-type picture. Rachel organized the event and Hans, Kelsey, myself, Jason, Tara, and Sean were also present.

Okay, I must digress for a moment to express my frustration with the Rochester Chateau movie theatre. When Bara was here, 12 of us decided to go see Pirates of the Caribbean. I went and bought 12 of Mayo's $5 tickets which are supposed to get you into any new movie. Then we got to the movie, and they said that they weren't accepting the $5 tickets. JB asked for an explanation, and they said they never accept $5 tickets until the movie has been in the theater for awhile. JB then told the guy that they accepted these tickets for opening weekend of Superman the week before, and the guy told him this was a mistake.

Okay, so we now have $60 worth of movie tickets waiting to be used. Frustrating. Rachel looked online for me yesterday and the webpage said they aren't accepting $5 tickets. So I whip out my new Military ID and get a $6 ticket. Not bad (in comparison to the normal $8 price tag.) Tara whips out her $5 ticket, and the guy takes it!

WHAT?!

I ask him about this, and he gives us a different story -- that only a few movies don't take the $5 ticket. Are you kidding?! So I got a discount that was still $1 over my $5 ticket (which I currently have 12 of.)

Did you follow all that? Well, it doesn't really matter. Lesson to be learned: always ask if they will take the $5 ticket.

Okay, not onto things that are a little more important.

I woke up this morning and immediately turned on the weather channel. A lot has changed with Ernesto overnight. For one thing, it is now a hurricane. For another thing, the models are now projecting a much more Florida turn. They are even not currently ruling out south Florida (Fort Lauderdale) right now.

Here are the current projections which don't mean a whole lot at this point. It's very early.


Here is a picture of the entire panhandle so you can see exactly where JB is. You can actually see a dark area right around the star. This is the Eglin Air Force Base.

There is another good link that indicates the "cone" of where it may hit, but I can't get the picture to load. You can check it out at: CONE.

JB said that he will talk to his superiors tomorrow and get an idea of what they think he should do. He is supposed to fly out on Saturday morning, and the storm is projected to hit sometime on Thursday. I am praying that they say he should fly out earlier this week. However, we still don't know where Ernesto is going so I am not sure what they will say. He could also drive north (maybe to see Josh & Sarah and their new place in Tennessee. You guys ready for a visitor yet?)

Anyways, I will keep updating you on the storm. Please pray for everyone in this storm's path.

Off to church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, always ask. Or at least look cute and smile seductively ;)