Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Infertility insurance

I have posted previously about infertility insurance. Even if this doesn't affect you, it affects millions of women, and if we can get insurance companies to reconsider helping women pay for this, why not try? I am blessed that Mayo pays 50% of our bills but many women are unable to seek treatment because they cannot afford it.

The National Infertility Association (www.resolve.org) has posted this "call to action" on their website. Would you take some time to follow the steps and send a generic email encouraging those who matter to fight for coverage? I truly don't know if this will help but have decided that it can't hurt.

National Infertility Email

I also want to thank everyone who encouraged me after my rough day yesterday. I was so blessed with some of the comments. One person in particular referred me back to a post I had personally written back in January. I don't know who you are or how you remembered that post but that was such a blessing. It's initially why I post these personal feelings on my blog ... so I can go back and remember what it was I said. Thank you! thank you! (Said twice because women say things twice when they want to emphasize it ... according to JB.)

Here's a link to my January 31st post. Yes Lesley, my laundry room buddy ... it was that long ago.

Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendi!

Just had to say hi from Hilton Head...I had originally declared a "no computers" rule for vacation (fantasy baseball overload!), but my little brother snuck his along, so since the boys are busy checking their fantasy teams, I figured I deserved to check your blog! Thinking of you and hoping this trip to Florida allows you to relax, rejuvenate, and feel at peace.
E-mail when you get home so we can walk!

P.S. Hans says hi, too!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Rachel! Shame on you! Yes, let's connect when we get back for sure!

Wendi