Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Leaving for Florida

Tomorrow I leave for Florida. Even though I am currently a hormonal basketcase, I am excited to see JB and to see the base. John sounds like he is really enjoying himself. Last night he had dinner with a group of the physicians, and tonight he is going to a cook-out at one of the resident's houses. I am also excited because my parents are coming to the base on Friday to visit! I haven't seen my mom since Christmas!

My medications are playing havoc with my emotions and with my appetite. I am constantly hungry but can only eat a small bit at a time before I am full. Basically I am eating about twenty meals a day! This is fairly usual when I get on these hormones, but it still throws me for a loop. In addition, the progesterone I take in the evening has to be taken immediately before bed as it causes me to get very dizzy. If I wake up within three hours after taking it, I feel the dizziness instead of sleeping through it.

Tomorrow morning, I have to take my first shot of lupron. I think I am going to go over to Tara's house and have her help me with it. I am nervous about doing it myself, all alone, in my condo. Kelsey flies out tonight to visit her brothers, and I am worried that if I can't go through with the shot, I'll be stuck running down the corridor of our building asking someone to help before my "time window" closes. It really isn't that dramatic, but when you are a hormonal basketcase, everything feels dramatic.

Okay, going to run Kelsey to the shuttle, come back, and finish packing. Ebby is going to drive me to Minneapolis tomorrow. (She's a saint!) And her daughter Veronica is going to bird babysit so I have to bring them over on my way as well.

I plan to post from Florida as long as all goes well with our internet connection. I haven't gotten any pictures from JB but plan to take some myself when I arrive so stay tuned as the POLAR NORTH MOVES SOUTH!

No comments: