Sunday, August 13, 2006

Snapshots

Well I am including a few more photos. These are photos that JB took before I got here in the hopes of showing me what the place looked like. However, his laptop went on the fritz, and he was unable to load them. Not to fear! Christo Philip came through with a laptop loaner from the medical school that I brought down with me. Now he can get online and load photos.

So here are some of the snapshots:


Just a shot of the beach

A shot from the car going over the bridge near Destin.

This is the hospital on base. This is where John would be nearly every day if we move here.

Here is a photo of my soldier!

This beach is actually right on base about a mile from the hospital and where we are staying.

My parents left this morning after we ate breakfast in the room. About two weeks ago, Lesley Jones left for Chicago with her husband's cell phone in her car. This morning my parents left for Florida with my cell phone in their car. We only realized this about an hour after they left. Lesley had to mail David's phone to him. I may ask my sister-in-law Gabbi to bring it with her next weekend? Gabbi? Darling? Is this a possibility?

We did some driving around this morning, checked out a local mall, and spent about an hour at a beach on base just sitting in the water talking. It seems like we have been doing a lot of talking since I got here -- trying to list and relist our reasons for leaving Minnesota or our reasons for staying in Minnesota. Today we tried to list the "reasons we wouldn't leave Minnesota" and the reasons we "wouldn't come to Florida". This may not sound very different to you, but the different angle can give different answers. Did it help much? Not really. We don't want to move. We don't want to leave our friends in Minnesota.

One bad thing we realized: there is no train running from here to Fort Lauderdale. The tracks were damaged in last year's slew of hurricanes and Amtrak is debating whether to fix them at all! So that option of visiting family doesn't exist. The best I can do is to drive to Orlando and take a train from Orlando. That's a possibility.

So anyways, we are now off to take a tour of the hospital and get some Thai food for an early dinner. Keep praying for our decisions. JB has to put his list together early September. Not much time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say you go to Florida because I've already seen Rochester. And Florida is the one state I haven't seen much of. And I need a warm place to visit while it's freezing up north. And I get whatever I want. And I say go to Florida.

Justin