Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Florida Rain Showers

JB got off around 4:00 yesterday, and we went for a quick run. Then we met another couple for dinner at one of their favorite restaurant -- Harbor Docks.

My friend Roberta who is one of the leaders of the Hearts like Hannah Support Group went to high school with Tim and church with Jenny when she was younger. She put us in touch with them so we could meet another couple while we were here. Jenny and I started emailing a few months ago and decided to get together for dinner while we were in town.

Tim is an F-15 pilot, and Jenny is a social worker in Fort Walton Beach. They will most likely be leaving Eglin before we get there although there is a chance that their next assignment might be in the area. They are also dealing with infertility treatments and will actually be heading to San Antonio for IVF later this fall. So needless to say we had a ton in common and enjoyed a wonderful dinner on the water. They requested a table under a cover which was good because about thirty minutes into dinner, the rain and humidity flew in.

It was great to talk to another couple who lives here. Jenny was so wonderful to give me a bunch of brochures and information from the area. We talked about living on base, churches (they go to a large Calvary Chapel!), shopping, and of course, flying. JB was excited to learn that aerospace doctors are required to fly every thirty days with their flight! I would not be surprised if he decides to do aerospace medicine. We'll see.

In other news, I thought I would ask for prayer for a few things. My buddy Kristi found out that she is having a GIRL! Her name will be Raylee Hartley Hunt. However, Kristi's pregnancy continues to be high-risk with a few issues hanging around. Please keep her and their second daughter in your prayers during the next few months.

Also, my cousins Josh and Sarah are moving very soon. They are moving back to our old stomping grounds in Brentwood, Tennessee, where Josh will take a youth pastor position. Selfishly, we are very excited to see them heading back into Tennessee. If we move to Florida, they will only be six hours from us. In addition, JB and I hope to eventually settle somewhere in the south and it's great to have them close. I know moving with two young boys is a lot of pressure on them both so also keep them in your prayers.

While we are on the subject of prayer, keep me in mind. I will finish my last night of progesterone tonight and will do my blood work the day I return to Minnesota (Monday). Last night I made the mistake of getting up to use the bathroom less than four hours after taking it. I ended up in the kitchen instead of the bathroom and then knocked my makeup kit off the counter once in the bathroom. The dizziness that accompanies this drug is something fierce. I made the mistake one time of taking it in the morning because I had forgotten the night before. I ended up having to leave church less than ten minutes into service. I couldn't even stand up. But anyways, I am getting closer and closer to our September 7th transfer.

One of my big prayers with this transfer is that both embryos that they "dethaw" survive the dethawing process and are in good shape for the transfer. If one was to die relatively early, they would dethaw our one remaining sticky baby. Otherwise, if it is too late, they will only transfer one. I would really like to transfer two. I am starting to think about it often, and last night had a dream that we were pregnant but it was with a different embryo (not our own). I think it's always a fear of women who do IVF that they will give you the wrong child, and obviously this is true as evident from my dream last night.

Well, off to do some work for RLSF. I don't think JB will get a lunch break today so I will be on my own. There is a chance we may be going to a pharmaceutical company dinner tonight, but I don't think this has been confirmed.

All right, since I am online all day, I thought: why not do a trivia. So, I am including it below:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Time for a trivia (and please remember -- this is family-friendly trivia!) Here is today's question:

Just over a third of us confess that we did this at least once in high school...but the number of folks doing it gets smaller each year. What is it that we got away with that our kids won't?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skip school?
Cheat on a test?
Smoke in the bathroom?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well if you are going to guess, you have to let me know who you are.

Unfortunately, none of these are correct.

suebaby said...

Bully someone?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Nope. Good guess.

Anonymous said...

Gosh....I can't think of anything kids did in high school that kids today are doing less of. I was gonna say cheat and skip school, but those are wrong anyway. Lemme think......

Oh and Yay for Josh in Brentwood.

Anonymous said...

Josh says...

Got in a fight.

Anonymous said...

piled a bunch of kids in a car without seat belts (and I'm not admitting to anything)

Anonymous said...

chewing gum? (mary)

Anonymous said...

miss the bus?

Anonymous said...

ride a bus?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

No, none of these are correct.

A clue: it is something they should NOT do.

Anonymous said...

Passing notes?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

No. Incorrect Gabarina.

Anonymous said...

Mary: bring weapons to school?
steal?

Anonymous said...

Ran in the hallways

Anonymous said...

That was me by the way...Josh

I said Ran in the Hallways because it is CORRECT!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

No. None of these are correct.

A clue: there is a reason why kids are LESS likely to do this today. That reason has to do with technology.

It isn't against the law to do this but it is unethical.

Anonymous said...

Changing grades on report cards?

Anonymous said...

Plagarize reports. I am CORRECT because technology today does not allow this. I know this because I've tried. Just kidding. I haven't really.

Anonymous said...

Or Buy a report that was already written.....you get the idea.....plagerizing is plagerizing.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Okay, we are getting much warmer here. It does have to do with FORGERY but not forgery of grades.

Geesh, that was practically giving you the answer.

yuan family said...

Signing your parents names on permission slips, etc.??

Anonymous said...

Ha ha....I did do that once. It wasn't for a permission slip though. I still think my last answer was the correct one. Ha Ha!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kristen!!! Yes! You win. You are now on the winner's list.

Here is the current winner's list:

Ray
Gabbi
Cindy V.
Ebby
Justin
Suebaby
Kristen