Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Post from Briana Huisman

Happy Mother’s Day 2022 ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒท

If you know my story, you know that becoming a mother didn’t come easy. My son, my joy, my Caleb, grew in another mother’s womb. I didn’t actually get to meet him until he was born in a hospital in Witchita, Kansas in 2017. 

I’d dreamt of him, but could never see his face. The instant I laid eyes on him, my heart recognized him. It was always supposed to be Caleb. He was the one I’d been dreaming of. 

I told him today that God gave him to me so I could be a mama. He doesn’t quite understand the depth of that yet, but he will someday.

My heart is full today with gratitude for my own Mama. She showed me the way…she still does. She loves me no matter what. 

And gratitude for my mother-in-love, Sue, who loves me as a daughter.

Gratefulness for the other mothers in my life.

I’m most grateful today for the first mother who loved and cared for and grew my son under her heart. The one who loved him enough to choose a different life for him. The one who entrusted him to me. The one who loves him still. 

And finally, my heart is with those with empty arms and aching hearts. Whether from infertility or loss, my heart grieves with you. My heart still felt that familiar ache today. I know how hard this day was for you. You’re not alone.




No comments: