Saturday, June 27, 2020

We Bought a Farm: #Ican'tbelievethisismylife

Sidge: "Mom there is a huge rat in the sheep enclosure."
Me: "Okay."
Sidge: (Holds up a big stick.) "Should I go inside and kill it with this?"
Me: "Yeah. That'd be great."

Before I became a farmher, I'd never ever seen a rat. I thought I had. I thought the movie Ratatoutille was super cute. But rats are way different than mice. Rats are really, really big. Massive. We have had a family of rats find our feed stash, and we are unable to defeat them. Rat traps are scary things. You worry you'll lose a finger. So we tried a different kind of trap. Sometimes we catch them. But they live on. They steal food from ducks. They find food and eat it. They are undefeatable. Period. They are like little rodent-monsters. 

It's become such a problem that we've bought a small shed that we are waiting to have delivered. It will be more secure and hopefully will provide reinforcements in our daily battle against the rats.

I don't like rats.

The fact that I would tell my eleven-year old son to go ahead and stab one with a stick without thinking twice about it honestly makes me do this weird thinking things with my face. 

The Wendi I feel I am deep down inside lives in the suburbs and has never seen a rat. 

But this is the Wendi I am now. 

I don't like rats.

 

1 comment:

QuickBooks Customer Support Number said...

Nice & Informative Blog !
Our team at QuickBooks Customer Service work with dedication and sincerity to give our clients complete satisfaction amid such critical disruption.