Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Ya'll? Seriously!


We try to keep birthdays very low-key around these parts. But we do try to have a little gift or two here for them on their celebration day. That being said, Hannah turns six tomorrow (September 4). And late on the evening of the 2nd, I realized we didn't have a present.
Options:
  1. Amazon: Nope. Couldn't get delivery from them in time.
  2. Drive to a big city: No. Just no.
  3. Go into Walmart (the only place near us) and shop: Couldn't find a time to do without children.
So I decided to order a few presents for her on Walmart.com and pick them up.
  1. I ordered.
  2. I walked into the store.
  3. I walked all the way to the back to the normal package-pick-up-place.
  4. Wandering employee (Can't believe I found one!) told me there was a new huge orange thing in the front I needed to use.
  5. Walked back up to huge orange thing that looked like the picture above.
  6. Spent about two minutes trying to figure out what to do with my phone to get it to read my bar code.
  7. It scanned my bar code.
  8. A package simply appeared from the sky with everything inside it!
Ya'll. (I'm trying to use this word more so it doesn't feel so forced and feels a bit more normal because, in truth, it's a great word that encompasses so many other words in just four letters, and I need to get over myself and embrace this part of the south.)

And because "You guys" just doesn't work here.

So . . . 

Ya'll.

Seriously.

It's like a Christmas miracle.

I am not shy about how little I like Walmart, but this was simply ...

Magic.

Ya'll.

Seriously.


No comments: