Friday, June 07, 2019

Review: The Old Schoolhouse®


I have tried to do calendar-planning electronically. I just canNOT do it. So last year I started using the Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year with devotions written by Gena Suarez and published by The Old Schoolhouse®.

loved using this planner last year, but I kept a separate monthly calendar and found it confusing to move back and forth. I kept going back to the planner and so ....  when an opportunity to review popped up this year, I decided that my new brain would be kept completely in the Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year.

This year I had the opportunity to receive a free planner in exchange for my review. Since I already love this planner, I was super excited to have the chance to review it again and this time do it FULLY. 

If you think you may want one of these planners, you need to act fast. They have sold out of close to 98% of these on their first print run, and after that, they don't plan to print more until next year. I don't think you have to be a homeschool Mama to enjoy this planner. It is not homeschool specific. It would work for any mother looking for a way to organize their brain and not forget things.

(Like this review! I am going to start writing my reviews down in this planner because I got this one up about five hours late. I've been forgetting a lot of things in my life and am excited to come up with a new way to keep my life organized.) 

I want to show you a page from last year's planner. In this planner, the top bar was empty. So I filled it with Events/Farm/To Do/School/Company. You can check it out below:


This year's calendar is a bit different. It actually has a column for each child (up to 5). I really like this option and think it could work out very nicely for our family. I can put each child's name and keep track of what I have to do with each child in that cell:


While there is a weekly layout, there is also a monthly calendar where you can keep track of things. This year I plan to use this completely as my calendar. In the past, I have kept a calendar up on the wall. This year I am going to keep everything in this book and keep it with me. I am super excited about this. 


A nice inclusion this year is a devotional scattered throughout the book. I really liked these and thought they were a nice reminder of what I need to focus on as a Christian Mom:


You don't have to be a homeschool Mama to love this planner. The Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year by The Old Schoolhouse® would work for anyone who simply needs to stay organized and can't manage to do so electronically. (Like me!)

You can also check out The Old Schoolhouse® on FACEBOOKINSTAGRAMTWITTER (@TOSMag), or PINTEREST

Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year {The Old Schoolhouse® Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer

No comments: