Saturday, October 20, 2018

We Bought a Farm: Finding joy in staying active

My kiddos have really gotten into watching Netflix's The Ultimate Beastmaster (think American Ninja Warrior on steroids). It has inspired them. Abigail has actually timed herself in the position below and her record is currently 25 minutes:


They are doing competitions on the farm with balance and strength and endurance. She and Sidge have actually been doing daily work-outs. Isaac and Hannah will also participate in the competitions. They have a book they are keeping with "farm records" and their Kotynski cousins are participating as well. I love that my kids are active and that they find a way to enjoy this activity. It's truly one of our goals for our children: that they find joy in keeping their body's healthy. 

I am not sure why they are doing this actually. When I ask, they are vague. I think they both want to be a Beastmaster someday but don't want to tell me. I found the following in Abigail's desk. Sidge actually showed me his too, but he told me I couldn't take a picture of it: 



P.S. Pole work is what is pictured in the picture above. :)


No comments: