Thursday, July 19, 2018

How a city girl, gone country grieves (and raises cows): One Day

 How a city girl, gone country grieves 
(and raises cows)


I met Kimberly through farming. She, like me, has been dropped into this life and is learning to love it just like me. She is a Christian, however, our pasts are nothing alike. I've asked her to share her story on my Blog over the next weeks or months or however long it takes. It is filled with much grief and loss but will hopefully make you laugh and smile and grow and grieve along with her.

One day..... Mother won't be joining me for coffee... the kids' room will be empty... I will spill tears over my husband's grave... I will see grandchildren grown... family gatherings will go from parties to funerals... one day I will draw my last breath and leave this world behind. Today is someone's "one day". On this day, in this hour, with this breath let me thank You God for all You have brought me through, all You will take me through and all that You are that I have blessed assurance of one day being in Your presence for eternity. Hug your parents, kiss your children, call your siblings and especially love on your spouse; praise God in this day for all you have for "one day" will indeed come for you too, and what you didn't have won't matter near as much as what you do.

Kimberly

No comments: