Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Review: Let the Little Children Come

While we don't get any trick or treat'ers this far out in the country, we do attend some Halloween activities. I have always loved to do something for this "not Christian" holiday that shares Christ. This review is for the Is there Anything Better Than Candy Box-Tract? from Let the Little Children Come which provides a fun alternative to the traditional in-your-candy-bag treat with an awesome HALLOWEEN TRACT! 

Obviously I am reviewing this before Halloween. So as I am writing this post I am conjecturing what I could do with these Tracts. I came up with a whole bunch of ideas:
  • Pass them out to trick or treaters
  • Use them at a Trunk-or-Treat gathering
  • Share them with your child's classmates at Sunday School
  • Use them in your office or place of work
Let me first show you a video of my daughter putting together these tracks. She is only six, and she managed to put this together with very little trouble at all. I LOVE super simple:


Each package comes with 25 sheets of thick, full color, diet cut paper. On one side is a pumpkin. It includes the words: "Is there Anything Better Than Candy?" The other side have five thoughts directed at a child and discussing God and their faith. These say the following:

  1. Yes, there is something much, much better than candy. It's being God's friend.
  2. God loves you very much and he wants to be with you not just here on earth, but forever in heaven as well!
  3. But we cannot be with God because we have all sinned. We have all done things that are wrong. Telling lies, fighting and stealing are examples of sins. God is very sad that we can't be with him. So he sent his Son, Jesus.
  4. Jesus came from heaven to earth to die on the cross so that all our sins can be forgiven. And on the third day, jesus became alive again! Because our sins can be forgiven, we can be with God forever and ever.
  5. You can be with God now and forever if you: 
    • Admit that you have sinned and ask God to forgive you,
    • Believe that Jesus died on the cross to be punished instead of you, and
    • Invite Jesus into your life to help you turn away from sin. 
  6. You can talk to Jesus about this right now: Dear Jesus, I know that I have sinned. I believe that you died on the cross to take the punishment for my sins. Please forgive all my sins. Come into my life and help me turn away from doing wrong. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Here is a close of the six points on the under side of the pumpkin:
Let the Little Children Come Halloween Tract
Here is a picture of my nine-year-old finishing putting together his pumpkin. This shows you about how big the tract is:




The tract is very sturdy. It could hold a few Hershey's Kisses, a small candy bar or two or a few smarties. You could also put a little tape to assure it held together if you wanted to put more weight into the tract.

Here is a picture of the finished product: 

Let the Little Children Come Halloween Tract
Let the Little Children Come is not affiliated with any church or organization. The strive to "provide effective child evengelism tools and resources." They are not designed to be basic in nature. They are designed to capture the attention of a child and hold that attention. I really encourage you to consider these products (or others that they have) for your next Halloween activity. 

Is There Anything Better Than Candy?  {Let The Little Children Come Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments: