Friday, January 03, 2014

Friday Funnies


Time for haircuts. Ms. Brittany was on her way over to cut the kiddos hair.

Me: "Okay, Ms. Brittany is on her way. Isaac, you are going to go first."
Isaac: "Why?"
Me: "Because you are the big brother."
Isaac: But why do I need my hair cut? My hair isn't even in my eyes yet."
Me: "Exactly."
Sidge: "But Mommy, I'm okay with going first."
Me: "Okay. Do you wan tot go first, Sidge?"
Sidge: "No."

*****
Me: "Abigail, are you a piece of work?"
Abigail: "No. [I'm] Abby."

*****

Sometimes, you only realize the cultural craziness of something you do, when it is seen through someone else's eyes. Make-up is one of these conundrums.

I was in the bathroom putting on my make-up. Sidge sat down to watch me.

Sidge: "What's that, Mommy?"
Me: "It's foundation."
Sidge: ""Why do you put that on?'
Me: "To help me look pretty."
Sidge: "How many times a day do you do that?"
Me: "Just one."
Sidge: "Just one time?"
Me: "Yep."
Sidge: "What's that?"
Me: "It's mascara."
Sidge: "Where do you put mascara?"
Me: "On you eyes."
Sidge: ""You put it in your eye?"
Me: "Well, not in your eye. On your eyelashes."
Sidge: "What's an eyelash?"
Me: "The little hairs on your eyes."
Sidge: ""Like eyebrows?"

*****

Time to put myself in Friday Funnies.


LTB on a Facebook yardsale page means "Looking to Buy."

Someone wrote on our local Lajes page that they were LTB a monitor.

Guess I have a mom-brain, since I just assumed they meant a baby monitor. I replied that I had one for sale.

The girl replied back, "Sorry. I meant a computer monitor. My husband nearly had a heart attack reading your reply."

No comments: