Friday, March 01, 2013

Progesterone and Estrace End

Last night I took my last oral dose of Estrace -- 2 tiny pills that I have taken three times a day since my transfer back on December 21.

Last night I also completed my progesterone protocol. Two suppositories ... three times a day that I have taken since my transfer back on December 21.

Done.

This means a few things.It means that I am leaving the first trimester. It means that the baby no longer needs the "fake form" of hormones required of women who do IVF (hormones that women who get pregnant produce on their own.) Instead, he/she is being fed fully by the placenta!

Praying that this little one continues to thrive and that the decrease in hormones and end of the first trimester brings an end to the morning sickness.

2 comments:

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Praying for you, friend...that this will mean you will be feeling more like your "old" self soon :)...and that your sweet new babe will keep on thriving and growing and give you and uneventful 2 more trimesters :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet! What a huge milestone! Praying for you!

Bethany