Thursday, March 14, 2013

King David

I don't really believe in coincidences much. Especially not when it comes to scripture. Two friends sent me the same scripture this past week. King David wrote in Psalm 40:1-3: " I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."

Is this the same David who had written in Psalm 22:1-2: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent."

It is!
 
My dear friend (who is reeling from the death of her brother as I write this) reminded me, when she sent me Psalm 22:1-2, "Now I know this is not encouraging, but I have a reason here. King David wrote this Psalm. I know you probably feel like the sickness is not getting better and that you cant go on like this. I know many have prayed for it to get better and it hasn't yet. I want you to know that when you feel down, when you feel hopeless, when you feel alone that its okay. King David felt the same, King David, God's chosen king for His people Israel. King David felt this way also, the King who would be in the lineage of our Lord and Savior. He felt forsaken, he obviously felt alone and his words say he felt like he couldnt go on. He wondered why God had not answered him. That is one of the hardest things. Gods timing is not hardly ever what we want it to be. We want everything now and that is not usually the way God works. David felt this and I know you do to, but know you are not alone. Know also that God didn't leave David and He always provided for him and He will you also."

I have had a few better days. The better days seem like they are growing Praise the Lord. But I still don't feel like Wendi. And I miss her! I question God sometimes. But so did King David.

And he was in the lineage of Christ!

No comments: