Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Military Packages

I cannot tell you what a blessing it is for military families to receive mail. We are very isolated and often feel very alone. Mail is our lifeline! I encourage everyone to support at least one military family overseas. It doesn't have to be us. There are many families much more in need of morale than my own. If you want a familiy to support, let me know. I'd love to help put you in touch with one. There are also many organizations online who do just this thing. (A quick google search will give you tons.)

I just received a package from a Sandy S___ in the mail. I remember having some correspondence with her regarding the package. I must have because I gave my address. But now, I just can't remember how we connected, etc. Sandy, could you shoot me an email at: flakymn@Hotmail.com? I want to thank you for the package. I'm so sorry the details have slipped my mind. But I was so appreciative of what you sent. God Bless!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I completely agree! My husband receives care packages from a group of ladies in our home town and it is the sweetest thing ever. So nice to know that people care. Oh, and sometimes they add pictures or cards that children drew.... my favorite was the one that said (in hard to read handwriting) "I hope you don't get shot". I had a good giggle over that one--I know it isn't funny, but I love how blunt and honest children are. :)