Monday, September 10, 2012

Puddles & pools & piles of poop


Today was one of those days. One of those days that had my in-laws not been here, I'm not sure how I would have survived it as a mother.

I put Abigail down for a second attempt at a morning nap this morning and left all three of my tykes in the charge of Grampa and Grama. I returned to a very not-happy Abigail who thought me leaving was a terrible idea. And she never did take that morning nap.

So I decided to take the three kiddos to play in the puddles. We had a grand ol' time, as you can see from the picture above, snapped as they are returning from their adventures.

We headed from there out to the pool where Abigail tumbled head first into the water. I was right there to get her out. But not right there to prevent the huge knot that the pool step left on her noggin'.

As Abigail was distraught, we decided to head inside. On the way, Sidge cut open his knee on part of the old diving board. Thank goodness Grampa was there to scoop up a very sad Sidge, while I was still dealing with a very sad Abigail.

Bandaid on Sidge's knee, we had just started admiring the huge knot on Abigail's head, when she took a dive and hit the other side of her head on the corner of the hallway wall. Not kidding. I really couldn't make this stuff up.

There were other small smatterings of delightful stories I could share, but the conclusion of the day summarized it best. JB and I took all three kiddos upstairs to take a bath. I poured all the toys into the tub and stripped Abigail down and dumped her in the water. Only to discover that she had a poopy diaper which had now been nearly entirely deposited in the tub. (Should I say Oh Crap?)

So onto Plan B. JB took the boys to the small shower in our bedroom's bath and hosed them down while I attempted to hose down Abigail. Later, of course, it would be time to bleach the tub and all the toys. Big sigh ...

Oh and that's not the end of it. The last event of the night? Scooping up dog poopy in the backyard. I shoulda left it for the next day as I ended up stepping right in.

(Should I say Oh Crap again.)

So thankful Grampa and Grama were here to help ease the difficulties of the day. 3 on 3 is way better than 1 on 3 any day.

No comments: