Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Funnies

Sidge: "Mommy, we need a treasure chest."
Me: "Okay. I'll look online and see if I can figure out how to make one."
Sidge: "Daddy! Mommy is going to make me a treasure chest!"
Me: "No. I said I was going to see if I could figure out. I am not sure I can."
Sidge: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."
*****
I was spelling with the boys in the bathtub using their little foam letter. I put a B-A-G up. We worked on sounding it and then switched to B-A-D. After a few more switches and sounding out, Sidge said, "Next let's try ... KITSTEINER." So much for starting small.
*****
Sidge: "What does R, G, F, L, E, T, E spell, Mom?"
*****
Sidge: "Who is that?"
Me: "Snow White."
Sidge: "But I don't see a white on her."
*****
Isaac came racing into the room saying he was going to do the throw-up. I jumped up, of course, and dragged him into the bathroom. He pulled away. "I don't need to throw-up anymore," he said. "Maybe I was just thirsty."
*****
While showing the boys their baby books, I point to one of me feeding Isaac. "That's me giving you your first bottle of milk," I said. Isaac asked: "Is it chocolate milk?"
*****
Grampa: "Okay Sidge-arooksi."
Sidge: "Grampa, please don't call me Sidge-arooski. Please just call me Sidge. Or Sidge-ee."
Grampa: "Okay."
About this time Isaac walks by and clobbers Sidge. He is told to apologize. He walks up to Sidge.
Isaac: "Sorry Sidge-arooski."
*****
While rattling off a story to Grama K that she couldn't come close to understanding, Grama simply replied, "Okay. I'm not sure I got all of that."
Sidge: "Don't worry. I got it."
*****
Me: "Sidge, when you get upset and you scream, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Sidge: "I dunno."
Me; "Yes you do. When you scream, that is a ..."
Isaac: "Sin. We learned that in Bible School."
*****
This funny wasn't the boys. It was my father-in-law's funny. He was checking to see if the Portuguese grocery store had half-n-half. The woman he asked spoke very little English but she still managed to say. "No, we don't sell it like that. But if you buy one container cream and one container milk and mix them together, then you have that."

*****

No comments: