Monday, December 12, 2011

Joni Giggles

Here are some smile stories that we had during Joni's time with us.


When Joni accidentally knocked a vertical blind down, Elijah said to her, "Why did you break that Joni." She replied, "I didn't mean to break it." Elijah then said, "Yes, but you did break it!"
*****
Elijah got up from his nap earlier than Isaac. After I took him downstairs, he wanted to go back upstairs to retrieve his little matchbox cars from outside his room. The boys always leave toys lined up against the closet door upstairs when they nap as they aren't allowed to bring them into the room with them.

Me: "Elijah, I am going to go upstairs by myself to get your cars."
Elijah: "Why?"
Me: "Well, Isaac is still asleep, and I don't want you to wake him up."
Elijah: "Okay. Well ... I need my ... "(and here he starts telling me who he needs by holding up his fingers) "... Lightning McQueen, and my Doc, and my other Doc, and my ..."
Me: "Okay."
Elijah: At this point he looks at me and sighs. Deeply. Obviously concerned that I will not be able to retrieve the cars he needs successfully. And he says, "How 'bout I just go with you?"

*****
Me: "Elijah, you need to sit in time-out for two minutes."
Elijah: "I'm two!"
*****
Me:  "How are you doing boys?"
Elijah: "We are doing great."
*****
Me: "Isaac, look at Veronica. She is all dressed up to go to a party. What does she look like?" (See picture at the top of the page.)
Isaac: "She looks like an angel!"
*****
Everywhere that we go, Isaac is scanning the ceiling for fire alarms. I have no idea what started this, but he is obsessed. The cutest part is that he calls them, "Firey 'larms."
****
Isaac sees Joni drinking wine. "Is that called wine?"
*****
Elijah was telling JB, "Don't talk to me!" when JB was trying to put him to bed. JB was telling Elijah he shouldn't talk like to Daddy. This went back and forth. Something like this.
Elijah: "Don't talk to me."
JB: "Don't talk that way to Daddy."
Elijah: "But I don't want you to talk to me."
JB: I" do not want you to talk that way to Daddy."
[Repeat about 50 times before Isaac, sitting quietly in his bed decides to pop in]
Isaac: "You can talk to ME Daddy."
*****
Isaac actually said the other day, "This wheel is not working correctly." He also told Elijah, when Elijah knocked over his tower, "Elijah, that disappointed me."

No comments: