Monday, October 24, 2011

Where in the world?




We keep two maps on the wall in our living room. One of the United States. One of the world. There is a sign on top that says, "Home is where the Air Force sends us." This is something I try to keep in mind, especially as the end of our time in Turkey will be rolling around in the summer of 2012, and where we go next is not completely within our control. We also keep a clock on the wall. This clock says what time it is back in South Florida. It helps me to feel connected to our families back in the USA.

The boys love learning new states and countries on the map. Veronica is probably the best at quizzing them on countries and states. Every time I leave the boys with her, I come home, and they have learned a new country. Madagascar is a current favorite.

We love our maps. We love Veronica. And we especially love her photographs.

2 comments:

The Mac's House said...

Where did you find those big maps?

I love those old schoolhouse maps that would roll back up inside. I've seen them on ebay and etsy but mighty expensive.....

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

We ordered them online. I can't remember from where but I remember they were hard to find and more expensive then we wanted to pay!