Thursday, October 13, 2011

Today I ...


Today I ... got excited that the mail came! Presents from home (like this huge Percy puzzle) are always cause for an exciting day. We got a package from Papa and Grama Di and Joni and Bree on the same day. Thanks guys!

Today I ... wondered how Scrubs got mini wheats on his nose and then realized that Isaac had left his bowl on his little table and that the bowl was now flipped upside down -- it's contents in Scrubby's tummy or on his nose.

Today I ... learned that Elijah is fully capable of taking his shorts and underwear off by himself and going pee pee on his pepper plant outside without me having a clue. Only him bringing me his underwear and pants to put them back on indicated the deed he had done.

Today I ... had a realization that when a 2/3 year old says, this week, last week, today, tomorrow, yesterday ... that they are really interchangeable. Elijah said, "I want to sit down this week," when climbing on the potty and Isaac has been telling me that we went places yesterday that we haven't gone to in months.

Today I ... shared a devotional at MOPs and realized that even after many years of teaching, speaking in front of groups always makes me a little nervous.

Today I ... theorized that if I asked Elijah "why?" enough times in response to his reason for needing a granola bar, that he would eventually come up with a different answer then, "...because I need one." But he did not. I asked why twenty-six times and each time he told me he wanted a granola bar "because I need one." 

Today I ... was reminded how much I love M&Ms. Okay, okay, so the packs of M&Ms were addressed to Isaac and Elijah in the box Joni sent. They won't miss a few, will they?

Today I ... had Scrubs returned to me by a neighbor again. I am really going to have to talk to the gardener about forgetting to lock the back gate.

Today I ... attempted a nap. All three kids down but no sleep for me despite being very tired. Ugh!

Today I ... discovered that it is possible for one boy (Isaac) to attempt to pee standing up without me helping him and actually get pee on all four walls in the bathroom. I'm thinking he turned in a circle while peeing? No other explanation comes to mind.

Today I ... realized that Elijah knows how to ask, "How's it going Mommy?"

No comments: